Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clip manually issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
FCort
621 Views, 7 Replies

Clip manually issue

Hi,

When I clipped manually (from the exterior green frame-edit detail window) in the bent plate the top and front views looks different length; how to fix this issue?

Regards,

shorten member visual different length.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: FCort

In my experience if you have more than one view on anything with holes, etc. clipping does not work well.  The way I work around this is i explode the details and using autocad stretch I shorten the detail and manually edit the dimensions where necessary. 

Message 3 of 8
FCort
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks, but It is not a good solution, because you lose the link with the model for future updates o modifications.
In addition to that, I have many parts to modif; exploding and stretching one by one is not the best thing to do.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Ensure that all you clipping settings are equal in each view (interior green boxes), and also ensure that your scale is the same for each view.

Message 5 of 8
Jonathan.Jasinski
in reply to: Anonymous

In my experience, altering the clipping from the exterior green box is spotty.  If I need to change the clipping I do it from the smaller green box.  This means that you have to do it to each of the views, but it is more reliable.

Also, exploding is not an option since this does not solve the problem.  The goal is to make the software do what you would like it to do, not scrap it and do something that just looks right.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jonathan.Jasinski

When holes in different views don't line up it causes issues, if there are objects that are hidden the clipping isn't consistant going down the length of a view. Exploding is my only option other than turning out sub par prints. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jonathan.Jasinski

If I am wrong, please show me on this model

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

You can avoid this by changing the settings in the drawing style manager so all main views have the same clipping settings as well as the scale in progress set to fixed.  Then you can adjust the outer green box as needed to acheive the scale you are looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report