Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change main part in assembly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3735 Views, 5 Replies

Change main part in assembly

Hi Everyone,

Can you please help me find a way to change the main part in an assembly?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers

Sina

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
iwafb
in reply to: Anonymous

In the Output Tab (Ribbon), under Part Marks, there is a button called "Create main part of assembly". This is the command you want...

Create main part of assembly.png

Cheers,

Dart

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: iwafb

Thanks Dart, that was super easy.

I am very new to AS and might ask silly questions but thanks a lot for helping me as I needed this urgently and couldn't find the answer in google.

Message 4 of 6
iwafb

All good, we all need to start somewhere...

Glad to help and good luck with Advance.

Message 5 of 6
johnjmbennett

For future reference in addition to dart's comment :

The main part of the assembly is typically the largest part of the assembly by weight. For things like columns and beams, this is what I term the shank of the beam.

But sometimes this can become an element that is a plate because it weights more that the main beam shank.

If you realise this whilst modelling, there is also a button under the beam properties/naming tab to define that element to be the main part, before the numbering takes place. This overrides the number process of automatically assigning the main part.

The process dart mention is a way to correct if you notice after the model has been numbered and notice that a main part may have been assigned not how you expected or required.

John Bennett
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
slydog
in reply to: iwafb

Thanks Dart, always a wealth of information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report