Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Call out tag to match detail

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
advandes
822 Views, 11 Replies

Change Call out tag to match detail

Using AS 2019

Thanks for any help.. see attached screen capture.

This software is no Revit, that's for sure! Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I've tried following some of the crazy procedures for deleting and renaming these titles, but it really doesn't work. Is there a SIMPLE procedure that someone can give me to get these callouts to match.. PLEASE?  I find it ridiculous that I have to ask for help for something like this, but I have spent the last half hour trying to figure it out... OMG Ugh!

Thanks for the help... Advance Steel is no Revit, that's for sure....

AAG
Advance Design
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CHRIS_ASDL
in reply to: advandes

Hi,

Personally I have never come across this issue before, does seem like odd behaviour.

Have you tried using the 'Renumber Cut Views' tool from the label and dimensions pallet? Open the drawing, hit the Renumber Cut Views and then update the detail. If it doesn't update then close the drawing and force update within the DM.

Hope that helps!

1.PNG

Kind Regards

Chris
Message 3 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

This could have many reasons.
As I wrote in your other thread, you save your files with the dwg format 2013 this could be the problem here too. How is the detail created? Does the detail was copied from another drawing? And if yes: do you move them by using the drag'n drop in the document manager or do you use copy/paste? To move one detail from one drawing to another the drag'n drop in the document manager is recommend, please don't copy/paste details from one to another drawing.

In your case: 
if the steps from @CHRIS_ASDL don't work, then try:
- deregistrate the detail

- delete the UPD file which is located in the same folder like the detail

- registrate your detail again in the model 

- open the document manager: your detail should be in the category "unknow" select it and force an update

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 4 of 12
advandes
in reply to: CHRIS_ASDL

I have tried this with no luck. Curious though: When you select "Renumber Cut Views" it asks you to Select Detail View... What are you actually suppose to select?

AAG
Advance Design
Message 5 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

You had to select the mainview

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 6 of 12
advandes
in reply to: Sebastian_Eiche

Deregistrate the detail process worked! Thanks!

AAG
Advance Design
Message 7 of 12
advandes

This worked for updating the View issue. Still working on getting the tags fixed.

AAG
Advance Design
Message 8 of 12
advandes

I deleted the view titles thinking this was the correct thing to do. Can I get these back? See attached.

AAG
Advance Design
Message 9 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

Try to double click on the green frame and click on 'restore deleted objects'.

I'm not sure if it works for detail names

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
advandes

That option is greyed out... Ugh

AAG
Advance Design
Message 11 of 12
Sebastian_Eiche

Maybe it's much easier to delete the views and create them new?

Sebastian Eiche

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
advandes

I just ended up creating Mtext titles. No big deal. Thanks for ALL your help though!

AAG
Advance Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report