Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM quantities

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
IanHopton1340
686 Views, 1 Reply

BOM quantities

Within a model I have produced 2 sets of stairs which are identical (the second set was mirrored from the original)

The issue is the stringers which i will only referr to from here on.

After the numbering process has taken place AS has given the 4 off stringers 4 different mark numbers (M1023/M1024 & M1025/M1026), this is not really an issue although there should be 2 as they are the same in both sets of stairs just left and right handed.

The issue is when i produce a BOM & Drawings.

The BOM has consollidated the materials into 2off - M1023 & 2off - M1024 instead of 1 off of each part.

Essentially the overall material is correct how ever it has ignored the M1023 & M1024 Marks and excluded them from the BOM altogether.

After producing drawing files the following happened.

Parts drawings - All parts are produced (4 off drawings with independent mark numbers as originally stated) these parts referr to the assembly drawing SG1

Assembly drawings - 1 drawing is produced (SG1) and the total to manufacture is 1 off (should be 2 off), however the parts markings of the stringers are the 2 that did not appear on the BOM.

The materials list on the drawings contain the 2 opposite marks (these did appear on the BOM).

In the GA Drawings the Assembly Marking for both are the same.

Within the model if i right click the stringer and select show assembly detail it opens the same drawing for all 4 stringers.

Is there a work around for this or is there some logic I am missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AleckGiles
in reply to: IanHopton1340

Hi,

Any time the numbering seems confused, as in your description above, you must renumber the model. Existing numbers will not change unless there is a reason. From what you are saying something is confused on the stringers so the numbering there must change to sort it out but the numbering of the rest of the structure will be safe.

(If nervous back up your model and corresponding project folder and MDF file before doing the following).

So with nothing selected run the numbering command to renumber the entire structure. Update all drawings that say they require it in Document Manager. Delete any duplicate drawings you may have. Check the numbers and drawings for the four stringers and their parts. Make any new drawings required.

If AS has given you four drawings and you believe you should have two pairs then use the tools on the Output ribbon to check. Set the toggle to all white (assembly mode). Use the Difference Between Two objects command with the two stringers. A small dialog box will tell you what A thinks is different about the assemblies. If the toggle icon is white and orange then that is part mode and you can use the same Difference command to find the difference between parts.

IHTH.

Aleck Giles, Structures Consultant, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report