Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beams placing on whatever layer is current

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Kirk_bailey
853 Views, 5 Replies

Beams placing on whatever layer is current

objects are placing themselves on whatever layer is current and ot defaulting to "plates" or "beams" etc. how do i fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lk
Advocate
in reply to: Kirk_bailey

Hi,

If you set as current another layer than Standard all new parts are placed to that current layer. You have to use Standard as current in my opinion.
Leszek K
Message 3 of 6
wtheron

LK is correct. Standard layer needs to be current layer to map objects to respective beam, plate and bolts layer.

Message 4 of 6
Kirk_bailey
in reply to: lk

Thanks! I'm still having some issues, mainly on occasion anchor bolts will place on the standard layer & I've checked in the defaults tab in advance manager & everything in there is in order. 😕 but for the most part, you solved this issue! thanks for your help.
Message 5 of 6

Hi Kirk,

I suspect you are using an Advance Steel template (DWT file) from a previous release which does not contain a specific layer for Anchor bolts like shown in the image below:

Advance Steel - Anchor bolts layer.jpg

So maybe just try to add a "New layer" in the layer manager and give it the name of "Anchor bolts".

(FYI - the layer name in the layer manager must be the same name than the one assigned to the Default "Anchor layer" in the Management Tools)

Advance Steel - Anchor layer.jpg

Regards

Philippe

Message 6 of 6
janet_black

Hello Kirk

Open the (ASTM)   Advance Steel Management Tools >Table Editor> Open the (AS) ODBC icon and expand the AstorSettings by selecting the expansion arrow.

This stems from your AstorSettings. Scroll to Default_STR. This is the current AstorSettings which reflects changes made to the Astor settings. Default_STR_AdvanceSteel, and Default_STR_original which is the out of the box settings for Advance Steel.

C407_LayerName is the key and the layer name “Anchor bolts” is in the Value column.

This name, Anchor bolts, should appear in the Layer management. While in Advance steel type la at the command line then hit the enter key to bring up the Layer manager.

Create a new layer called Anchor bolts. It should have the same spelling as depicted in the AstorSettings. Make sure the Standard layer is the default.  Now when you add anchors they will be created on the correct layer.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Janet 

Graitec  Montreal,Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report