Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base plate to other beam end?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
haedicu
2881 Views, 6 Replies

Base plate to other beam end?

I'd like to use the base plate joint on a rafter. How can i switch it to the other beam end?

There is a checkbox inside the connection dialog on baseplate layout tab, where you can easily decide, to which beam side the joint should refer.

001.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
muleman1
in reply to: haedicu

Have you tried the 'end plate' tool
....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 3 of 7
marceuheinzmann
in reply to: muleman1

Hi,

I need to create a Steel Joists for my roof, like this image:roof.jpg

How do I create automatically this?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
muleman1
in reply to: marceuheinzmann

I created the attached truss in a couple minutes using the truss button, located on the home tab in the extended modeling tab. Play with it a little, I think you will find it simple to use. For practice start with a new blank drawing, when the the truss macro starts, choose 0,0,0 as the starting point and make the length in the Y or X direction of your choice. Once you create the basic truss, you can see the effect of changing values in the various tabs of the create truss macro.... I hope this helps

truss example 7-20-14.jpg

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 5 of 7
dirvine_behlen_ca

Consider using the "Gable wall end plate" joint in the connection vault. It sounds to me like this is what you want. You can also (optionally) specify stiffeners at the middle or flanges with this connection.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Try using the cajoint tool. And also what windows does your computer run on??

Peace. Give a kudo if you cool!!!

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: marceuheinzmann

use the cajoint tool

Peace. Give a kudo if you cool!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report