Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AstM4CommDetailingProc_ This stuck here everytime i create drawing by camera

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
zulz.mix
575 Views, 2 Replies

AstM4CommDetailingProc_ This stuck here everytime i create drawing by camera

Hi,

I don't get it. After 2021 installed i try to create drawing and it stuck. It's been 3 days and still not working. 

Please see attached Files

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: zulz.mix

you purge the model...this should not be done. you delete all layers which are mabye needed. But this should not occur the error.

I think th emain problem is, that you open a model from AS2020 in AS2021. I tried to copy the model in another dwg, then use the purge vommand but I don't purge, I just close the dialog. This will purge only AS elements and I get the message for about 6000 purged AS objects.

Another point: which detil style do you use for the camera? Do you define a style in the camera itself or use the process definition? 

I open the side view camera and set an Advance detail style and by creating the camera by using a proces, all worked as aspected.

EDIT: did not work as aspected. the modeldatabse is exploding =). How do you create the model? just AS original AS commands? Or maybe a combination of AutoCAD commands or maybe another addOn?

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Message 3 of 3
Sebastian_Eiche
in reply to: zulz.mix

by having a deeper look on it, I think the mainproblem are the special parts. 
You use very complex specialparts which need to detail. Advance is using a triangulation for round edges of 3D solids and therefore the detailing process need a very long time. 
So Advance Steel is not crashing, it just need alot of time to create the detail. I tested it and let it run, after a long time the detail was there..
Then I tried to create a detail without the specialparts, for this test I delete all specialparts in the model and then just create the same camera...it was there in seconds 😃

And the model itself could be clean up a bit. The model you send had 65MB, after copying the whole model in a new dwg and use purge (just close the dialog without purging anything) the file was 6,5MB and after deleting all special parts: 1,5MB.

I'm sure you can't delete all specialparts 😃 but maybe for the future: If you need to use specialparts and know you had to insert a lot of them, I would try to reduce the complexity because 1200 pieces of this, needs to much time by detailing:

Sebastian_Eiche_0-1609164193439.png

Sebastian Eiche
Application Engineer @Mensch und Maschine acadGraph

EESignature

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this make it easier for other users

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report