Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly location of a beam

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
george1985
426 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly location of a beam

Hello Advance Steel colleagues,
I have a couple of assemblies in a form a triangle. They are produced in the workshop.

Those assemblies are interconnected with bracing beams (marked in orange color below).
I would like to fix (with bolts) those bracing beams to "triangular" assemblies on Site.
So I set the bracing beam bolts "Assembly location" = "Site":

george1985_0-1709772835364.png

But what about the bracing beams themselves? Why is there no such feature for them, which would allow me to set their "Assembly location" = "Site"?

george1985_1-1709772866696.png

I can make a comment on GA drawing, that these bracing beams should be installed on Site.
But I would still want to have some sort of "Assembly location" property for beams as well, not only for bolts and welds. This property would appear in BOM lists and tables on the drawings.

Any help is welcomed.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Flies-Eyes
in reply to: george1985

Standalone Beams can treated differently if you need to label them differently.   Alternatively, use a field like Free Remark or Fabrication Station to use as a note.

Message 3 of 7
george1985

Hi @Flies-Eyes 
Thank you very much for the helpful reply.
Which one of these two affects the Marks? "Free Remark" or "Fabrication Station"?

Or neither one of those two affect the Mark?

What I would like to do, is to have a beam, whose Mark is not affected by installation location (if it will be installed in the Workshop or on Site). So essentially I would like to have two Beams, which are exactly the same (same Mark), just one will be installed in Workshop, and the other one on Site.

Message 4 of 7
Flies-Eyes

I think I understand what you are trying to achieve.  Essentially, you need to choose a parameter to create a distinction between a site beam and a shop beam.  By checking the box for 'Numbering' if 2 identical beams have a different value for a specific parameter, it will allocate them a different Mark Number.  

Then, you need to set up a special labelling rule for Standalone Beams. I have a video on my YouTube channel that explains the standalone beam process.

FliesEyes_0-1709848895061.png

FliesEyes_1-1709848903591.png

Message 5 of 7
george1985

Hi @Flies-Eyes ,
Thank you very much for the help once again.

I just watched your video. Very useful indeed! Thank you for making such material.

And yes, you understood perfectly what I would like to do. I have some beams which have no reason to be assemblies, as they are just single parts.

Just to see if I understood you correctly on the "Free Remark" or "Fabrication Station":
Both can influence the Mark of the beam, in case I check their boxes?

Message 6 of 7
Flies-Eyes

That is my understanding, although I haven't tested that particular scenario.

Ok, I bit the bullet to do the test. I can confirm that this method will allocate a new Mark Number for the RED Site Installed beam.

FliesEyes_0-1709859391765.png

FliesEyes_1-1709859406050.png

Message 7 of 7
george1985

Thank you very much for the help @Flies-Eyes .
That makes it clear then.
I will then use "Fabrication Station" field, to assign "onSite" text to it.
I appreciate your help and shared knowledge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report