Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANZ Bridging

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1045 Views, 8 Replies

ANZ Bridging

I'm having a couple of problems with the ANZ Bridging. 

1. When in the naming table when I select the first bridging it highlights the bridging items at both ends of the bridging runs.

ANZ Bridging 1.PNG

Also, The holes on the fascia purlin are in the wrong plane. If I select "Layout by Lower Purlin" it fixes the fascia purlin but moves all the holes in the other purlins into the wrong plane. 

ANZ Bridging 2.PNG

Any ideas, or are these bugs? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Stephan?

Message 3 of 9
stephan.gumpert

Hi,

I can not comment about the highlighting of the bridging.  In principal only the row that you select should highlight.

In regards to the holes, is the purlin in the picture kick over or is it aligned with the roof?  (Hard to tell from the image)

Stephan

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: stephan.gumpert

Hello Stephan,

The pulin in the picture is a fascia purlin and therefore is vertical. All the other purlins are aligned perpendicular to the roof rafters. Note that if I set the holes to align with the bottom purlin all the other holes go to a vertical alignment. Thanks.

ANZ Bridging 3.PNG

Message 5 of 9
stephan.gumpert

John,

The drilling is working as designed.  A current limitation.

• The workaround for this would be to do only bridging to the second last purlin.
  • Copy down the last Bridge.
  • Use the Extend / Trim command from the Adv Steel Tool palette so that the system line extends to the face of the fascia purlin.  (The reporting is done on the system line length)
  • Then change the CommCode field in the modelled bridge.
  • And of cause drill the holes in the Fascia purlin

Incase you have not seen my articles on bridging below is the link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/collection/25051?preview

Let me see what I can do to get this fixed.

I'll investigate the highlighting too.

Thanks

Stephan

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: stephan.gumpert

Thanks Stephan,

I will use your workaround for now. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next hotfix or release of AS. This bridging macro is an excellent tool.

John.

Message 7 of 9
iwafb

Following up on Stewart's comment, also hoping this can be incorporated. I'm sure @stephan.gumpert is equal to the challenge! Smiley Wink

It would be really good if ridge struts could be introduced as well...

Cheers,

Dart

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

iwafb,

Yes I agree!

John Stewart

Message 9 of 9
Flies-Eyes

Is anybody aware if this bridging limitation was ever addressed by the software vendor?

Is it true that the bridging macro is only suitable for the internal purlins and the bridging element for the fascia beam remain a manual modelling exercise?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report