Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advance Steel 2019 Update

68 REPLIES 68
Message 1 of 69
acbsdesign
3879 Views, 68 Replies

Advance Steel 2019 Update

Hello,
There are many new releases / updated / fixes for Autodesk products released today-are we getting an update for Advance Steel 2019?

Thank you,

Ilko Dimitrov

ACBS

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,
Ilko Dimitrov, IDC-1, M. Eng.
Tekla and Advance Steel Detailer
ACBS Structural Steel Detailing

If it is made of steel, I can model it and detail it.

acbs-usa.com | Helpful Place

68 REPLIES 68
Message 2 of 69
AntDrt
in reply to: acbsdesign

Hi, 

it seems you've been listen, i've a little hotfix about Document manager available today.

But for other patch/SP/Updates, no news...

Antoine
AMG Fechoz
Serrurerie & Equipement Scénographique
www.amg-fechoz.com
Message 3 of 69
acbsdesign
in reply to: AntDrt

Ha, what a shame,

"you guys want a hot fix-we have one.

Stop complaining."

Shallow, ridiculous, disgusting. 

If this information was helpful, please use the Accept as Solution function, this makes it easier for other users.

Regards,

Message 4 of 69
bukko

Ilko,

Let me start off by saying I have the utmost respect for the dev team. (Dumitru and Co.)

I have to agree with you on this one...… Why bother wasting bandwidth, IT resources etc with the rollout 

of this lame excuse of a service pack??

You gotta wonder who in the hell is steering the Advance Steel ship.!! 

We have Tekla and SDS2 in our office.

Over the last year Tekla has been completely kicking arse with multiple super enhanced updates, new features to the doc manager system and bug fixes!!! 

(Tekla's misc metals still sucks compared to Advance Steel btw)

Over the last year SDS2 issued an update with enhancements and fixes

Apparently  we are stuck with the "red headed step child" of the cad world that pretty much gets nothing for new features. 

Pathetic.

Regards

Craig

Message 5 of 69
acbsdesign
in reply to: bukko

Craig,

There is nothing to do with respecting the dev's  Dumitru knows I respect him.

IMO - He has been an excellent professional I admire.

On the other end-we expect somehow this excellent package to become more and more stable and faster and overall more and more competitive, and productive, we work with it every day supporting families.

WTH is their management thinking of?

Should we go nuts this time of the year each year?

Where is the dialog we have been expecting from the new, but somehow hidden product manager?

And looking at the management for AEC here in The US-what a bunch of malarkies we can hear and read.

Looking at the sales and sales executives-again-what a bunch of malarkies. 

"Oh, we post in the social media, you know, ...we are pro-active"

A simple e-mail sent the SDS/2 sales on a 3.5 hour trip starting from the local airport just to make a representation.

A simple e-mail to Tekla sent their sales by car to make a presentation.

Ours is:

"Oh, we post in the social media, you know, ...we are pro-active"

Respectfully to Dumitru and rest dev's, and thank you for fixing most of the bugs.

Lack of respect towards management on top.

Regards,

Message 6 of 69
ZHUKOV_ING

Ilko

Autodesk are focused on Steel segment in Revit, i think they are forgeting Autocad as basic platform, they are migrating to Revit.

Message 7 of 69
acbsdesign
in reply to: ZHUKOV_ING

Played with Revit for a while, I do not want to leave all the AutoCad and Advance Steel functionality behind.

Advance Steel is much more handy to model steel, and to be fair-drawings output except for erection dwgs is much better in Advance, why would scrap such a great package. 

There are few companies I have heard of willing to do detailing from Revit models, but in 99.99% of the cases companies using Revit do not want to do steel detailing. They even do not want to provide a Revit model for us to use.

Autodesk must be completely crazy to scrap millions of man hours put for development.

And to be fair-Revit is getting outdated.

And the whole idea to have architectural and structural in one place is making software heavy.

Why would I have architectural if I never use it, I would be forced to have it.

If I have to choose between Revit for detailing and switching to Tekla or SDS/2, or Bocad, I will probably loose the connections with Autodesk.

Regards,

Message 8 of 69
Anonymous

Are you serious!? I was reading up on the update to see what was fixed, and there's one bullet point... this is such a good software and you are killing it. I can't express enough how disappointed i am with this management of the program. Let someone else give it a shot, can't be much worse...

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 9 of 69
acbsdesign
in reply to: Anonymous

Just to clarify-Stephen's post was addressed to the Product Manager, but the first line was deleted my the discussion admin.

@ Discussion Admin:

Stephen and I we are both share holders, paying also subscription fees

I will report this your move at an appropriate level.

I will also document again every move you make, and nothing will remain unnoticed, again.

Please make sure you do not delete  Stephen's and others' lines randomly, and make others sound bad.,\

we will vote when time comes.

December is approaching, and if you may know-it is a subscription renewal time.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Regards,

Message 10 of 69

@acbsdesign wrote:

Just to clarify-Stephen's post was addressed to the Product Manager, but the first line was deleted my the discussion admin.

@ @ Discussion Admin:

Stephen and I we are both share holders, paying also subscription fees

I will report this your move at an appropriate level.

I will also document again every move you make, and nothing will remain unnoticed, again.

Please make sure you do not delete  Stephen's and others' lines randomly, and make others sound bad.,\

we will vote when time comes.

December is approaching, and if you may know-it is a subscription renewal time.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

A reminder this is primarily a peer to peer forum.

Also please note the ground rules

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Message 11 of 69

What is the purpose of this forum if we cannot ask the product manager why we don't get any development done.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Regards,

Message 12 of 69
Anonymous

This forum is incredible, i'm lost for words.

Message 13 of 69
acbsdesign
in reply to: Anonymous

We are at a new low from the management, we have to get back in a proper manner.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Regards,

Message 14 of 69
markhubrich

At least fix the KISS file export we've been crying about since 2016 for crying out loud. 

If you're going to leave us hanging that long at least release the source for that .dll to us so we can fix it ourselves 😐 All the workarounds we're forced to do is getting old. 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 15 of 69
acbsdesign
in reply to: markhubrich

Also-sending cut views and model views to a new drawing, number views automatically the way Revit does them, fixing the anchor bolts macro that sneaked last year silently so we can start actually using it. List is long. Railing macro to be fixed too. Batch plot Selected external lists from DM

. Stop moving section views during update. Do not regenerate section views. Give us ability to control depth of automatically created section views. Improve dimensioning such as add "power dimensions" by selecting first hole, bolt, anchor, shear stud and rest to be dimensioned automatically. Anchor bolts details and key plan-still undeveloped. 

Regards,

Message 16 of 69
Anonymous

One thing is for sure, it will be interesting to see the joke of an update that 2020 will be after seeing this. Last year we had 2 hot fix releases, which addressed a lot of issued we had at the time, and now we get this. Seems to me like someone is dropping the ball. 

Message 17 of 69
bukko

It looks like we are gonna have to start raising hell again in the forum here to get anything done for new features.

I do appreciate all of the bug fixes and now the dev team needs to start with enhancements...performance and functionality.

I'm concerned that there seems to be no outreach to the users on new and enhanced features..... The idea station seems to be ignored...... the next release is around April of 2019...???   

ATTENTION ALL ADVANCE STEEL MANAGEMENT AT AUTODESK.

**THE DOCUMENT MANAGER NEEDS MAJOR ENHANCEMENTS**

If there are no other enhancements to Advance Steel 

for 2020 at least address the DOCUMENT MANAGER.!!!

Regards,

Craig 

ECMS

Message 18 of 69
markhubrich

And KISS file export to include special parts, bolts, and anchors. Also fix the error where a string as drawing number breaks KISS file sheet numbers. 

...and fix the kiss export issues.
Message 19 of 69
Anonymous
in reply to: markhubrich

I have looking your comments (Ilko and yours) since a while....and I have tried to ignore your comments, but deep down I know that they do it in good faith so that the software continues on the right path. I say this because I have been training on my own (watching tutorials, the forum and a course that I bought .. ADS Fundamentals 2018) to buy the license in the future. But sometimes reading your comments I get discouraged and then for several reasons I cheer up again. Do you think that in the future this will change in order to make a decision and not continue investing my time?

Message 20 of 69
Anonymous

I'm sorry bukko ... my message above was supposed to be for you, but I mistakenly sent it to Mark ... I'm sorry ... and sorry Mark.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report