Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add BOM on DWG token choices

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
muleman1
520 Views, 12 Replies

Add BOM on DWG token choices

I would like to change the token on my BOM on DWG "MARK" column from SP# to Main Part Mark (ex, B1, B2, etc...)

I have wasted almost an hour now trying to figure it out, will someone please help me..... maybe @acbsdesign  @AleckGiles 

BOMonDWG1-20-23.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
bigcarl5000kg
in reply to: muleman1

Hi @muleman1 ,

yeah, this is of course possible. You need to edit, or better to create a copy of existing BOM template (located in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel xxxx\XXX\Shared\Support\BOMTemplates) and edit it in Advance Steel.

Sorry, all the pictures here at German, my version.

Attention - there are lot of LISTTEXT with / without token packed in 4 named groups - don't change any group name or group assembly, edit only the tokens.

Use the AutoCAD function "Group manager"  bigcarl5000kg_0-1674291577162.png (command "_classicgroup") to see the groups property.

bigcarl5000kg_7-1674295666888.png

You should ungroup (not explode!) the group DETAILS to see and edit the content (change SP Token to MP Token). After that create a new group by command "_group", call this group DETAILS (see command line) and select the objects for this group. Check this group in Group manager, there must be the same status as before editing.

Before editing (DETAILS group is closed):

bigcarl5000kg_0-1674298420282.png

After editing (DETAILS group is open - editing of the content possible, here with Token definition (single part -> main part):

bigcarl5000kg_4-1674295411821.png

SP Token

bigcarl5000kg_5-1674295477712.png

MP Token

bigcarl5000kg_6-1674295581520.png

And here is the result - first table with SP and second table with MP:

bigcarl5000kg_8-1674297723865.png

+++ impossible immediately and miracles within 3 days +++
+++ the only constant is the change +++ stay tuned for more +++
+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 3 of 13
muleman1
in reply to: bigcarl5000kg

Thanks @bigcarl5000kg . I somewhat understand and can struggle thru modifing the bom template. My problem is the available token in the bom template "MAIN PART NAME" returns SP numbers. In the same drawing the labels use a token "MAIN  PART MARK" this token returns desired result. My question is how to make token "MAIN PART MARK" available in the drop down choices in BOM on drawing template?

AS_BOM_token.pngAS_Label_token.png

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 4 of 13
muleman1

I attached test drawing...

Message 5 of 13
bigcarl5000kg

It's must be the token %MNum

bigcarl5000kg_0-1674320978380.png

+++ since 03/2023 is Advance Steel in maintenance mode, no further development +++
Message 6 of 13
bigcarl5000kg

Your drawing was created in AS 2023, I can't open it (2022 on my side)

Message 7 of 13
bigcarl5000kg

You can also edit a group more simply than ungroup it - use the variable PICKSTYLE = 0 (open groups for editing), PICKSTYLE = 1 (close groups - no editing possible)

Message 8 of 13
muleman1

%MNum.png%MNum_result.png

Message 9 of 13
bigcarl5000kg

Hi @muleman1 ,

according to me, you are editing the wrong line - wrong group ... look one line below in your pic 😉

Message 10 of 13
bigcarl5000kg

bigcarl5000kg_0-1674386277828.png

Message 11 of 13
muleman1

😁😄correct_bom.png

Message 12 of 13
muleman1

@bigcarl5000kg  thanks!! Do you know of any way to fit the width of the columns in bom templates to fit the tokens? Like double clicking a column in Excel so it auto fits the longest text in the column?  So eliminating the stacked, adjacent text and cells of the bom template..

Message 13 of 13
bigcarl5000kg

only manually adjusting in the table  template is possible ... the same way as before with the token 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report