cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Conflicts

Offline Conflicts

Scenario 1: You go offline and work on a DWG. Someone else edits that same file while you were offline. When you return, you file syncs and a new version is created. There is no indication that the file was edited while you were offline.

Scenario 2: You go offline and work on a DWG. Some else is currently editing that same file. When you  return, you are presented with conflict resolution options. See the link below, near the bottom, in the Getting Back Online section for a description and another link.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/DOCS/ENU/?guid=Working_Offline_Docs

I think the behavior for scenario 2 is fine, but not for scenario 1. Ideally, I believe the software should check to see if the file was edited while you were offline and at the very least make it known that there were changes made. Otherwise, you will just go about your day thinking that all is well with the world. And that poor user lost their changes unless you open their version and merge the changes somehow. it's going to be a problem no doubt..

Good or bad, this is the behavior. I have requested that Autodesk edit the documentation to make this more clear. I will

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report