cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Viewer - Do not highlight image when mousing over

Model Viewer - Do not highlight image when mousing over

In ACC Model Viewer, if aerial imagery is attached to a drawing, it highlights when moused over. This makes overlaid linework very difficult to see without unloading or hiding the image. It also makes it difficult to see the image as it is generally always tinted yellow. Can we make it selectable only by selecting the frame (like in Civil 3D) or just make it not highlight in general?

1 Comment
akaplanFSPB7
Observer

This behavior also impacts the ability to see through a section box. Attempting to select an element inside a section box causes the section box to constantly be mouse-over highlighted. As a result, users are peering through a blue tinted plane rather than seeing the elements they want.

I've also noticed this causes some aggressive flashing effects when there is a floor plane and one moves their mouse across the viewport. For example, sliding the mouse over top-down view of an office seating layout would highlight floor first, then chair,  then floor -- chair --floor --chair. This occurs in the span of just a second while the user is moving their mouse across the screen. I believe this contributes to the overall feeling of the ACC viewer being too 'busy' which I've heard from several users. Very distracting and causes flashing on nearly all AEC models

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report