cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Members By Company

Add Members By Company

At my firm, we tend to have everyone in the company on each project. This can be a pain when we get a new hire and I have to add them to each project. It would be easier if they were just automatically added when I add them to the company rather than me having to go to each project and add their email one by one. We do this because we often have coworkers who will help on any project if someone is out, and I can't limit the projects to only the people working on them. It wouldn't work at my firm. 

14 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

We face a similar limitation.

We don't need every employee on every project, but we do need an easier method to assign our Company to the permissions in our ACC project Template.

Ryan_Holland_LDP
Advocate

We assign certain internal users to a project template, so when a new project is created these users are automatically added. This works well for us, and we know that the core list of 10 members have access to every project. 

aluster
Enthusiast

A simple method for adding a user or users to multiple projects would be very beneficial. @Ryan_Holland_LDP What happens when you have a new hire? We just brought someone onto our team two weeks ago and we have a list of roughly 300 projects.

lance.borst
Autodesk

Hi Ava,

We are taking this into consideration. Would you like to see an option window that shows all your active projects (and you select the appropriate) for new hires to be added to? Can you elaborate on your you perceive this functionality integrated into Build? 

Ryan_Holland_LDP
Advocate

Hi @lance.borst 

I think in Account Admin it would be good when selecting on a member, in the panel that opens up on the right hand side, a way of first of all seeing which projects they are already assigned to (currently no way of seeing this info without opening up each project), but then in the panel would be a checklist of all projects and which ones they’re assigned to.

Ryan_Holland_LDP
Advocate

@aluster 

yes fair point, my solution before was adding members to a new project. Adding a member to existing projects is a headache and we have the same problem as you. 

brucegund
Advocate

Adding Members in a Template Project works good. But today it stopped working. Now have to add 40 some members manually. On three projects....What a waste of time! Adding members to a project from the Account needs to be better.

floretti
Advocate

@lance.borst 

I work in retail and we'll start using ACC for all of our stores (1000+). Each store will be one project. We work with internal and outsourced teams and I already set them up as Companies. Everybody will get access to all projects.

After a few tests and lots of research I noticed that, despite creating a project template, I can't use Companies to add the users to it. I have to add them one by one. Also, if we have a new team member join us, I can't see a way to add them to all projects if I don't use scripts. Removing people who left the business may be easier as I can remove the member from ACC.

Ideally it would be amazing if projects had an optional setting that allows permissions to change dynamically as I add/remove members from Companies. And that this setting can be in the template so all new projects are created the same way.

dvisani
Contributor

I propose that AUTODESK implement the following functionality on the BIM360 system: 

Provide a setting that allows anyone with a valid and active email login account, that has a pre-approved domain for the entire account (e.g., @MYCOMPANY.com), or as set by project (e.g., @INVITEDCONSULTANT.com) to be able to at a minimum see which projects are available to them. Then, if permissions are correctly set, they can self-add or self-select role, with option to send notifications to selected email account(s).

The default setting would be that it acts as it does currently (only invited can access a project),  An administrator could then determine to activate the "allow access by domain" on the entire account or by project, with permission options.

aflamishS9HNH
Contributor

aflamishS9HNH
Contributor

@lance.borst 

Ideally, I need to be able to add a project to the user rather than users to the project. So if I could go to my user list and then select the user and see a list of all the projects they are in and be able to mass add them to projects based on their default role that would be SUPER helpful. Right now I have to go to each project and add them to each project one by one and it is very time-consuming. 

Solution:

We have made a solution for this (Symetri's Naviate Cloud Manager that we have connected to ACC), until the platform hopefully can do it itself. Feel free to connect with me on Linkedin. 

EricOlson1973
Advocate

I, too, recognize a strong need for this.  It would be nice if we could define our company with individuals' email addresses and simply assign our entire company to a project rather than to individuals.

nvirkler
Observer

This should be solved by groups.  If you always want everyone in the estimating dept on every job, then add the "Estimating" group to the project template.  If it's a west side paving job, then manually add the "Westside Paving" group and everyone in that group gains access.  The beauty of this is when you hire someone working paving on the West side, you add them to the "Westside Paving Group" and in one step they instantly gain access to all Westside paving projects.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report