cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC Model Coordination - Option to automatically close Issues created from Clashes when clash is cleared

ACC Model Coordination - Option to automatically close Issues created from Clashes when clash is cleared

I come from using Bimtrack.  One thing Bimtrack currently does better than Model Coordination is helping the user keep the clash and the issue created from the clash linked together.  Based on my testing of Model Coordination so far, once a clash has been turned into an issue, it is removed from the clash area and is no longer tracked as a clash.  This means that there is no way for anyone to know if those issues are actually still clashing or not on future clash tests.

As it stands right now, after a clash has been set to an issue, a user will have to manually change it to closed after fixing the issue.  This means that someone could set the status to closed without actually fixing the clash.  The final outcome is that someone has to go back and re-check to see if the clash has been resolved rather than relying on the clash detection software to check for us.

Our Bimtrack workflow goes like this:

1) Actual clashes are set to issues and assigned to users or groups.

2) Revit users fix these issues and mark the issues as "Fixed in Revit".

3) Clash is re-run at its regularly scheduled time.

4) Any clashes that were resolved are automatically changed to "Closed".

5) If any clashes remain in the "Fixed in Revit" status for too long, they are revisited and fixed properly.

Here is my suggestion:

When submitting a clash into an issue, include an option for the issue to automatically be closed if the clash is fixed in future clash tests.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report