cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC Model Coordination - Allow utilization of Issue Templates When Creating an issue from a clash

ACC Model Coordination - Allow utilization of Issue Templates When Creating an issue from a clash

Users should be able to utilize Issue Templates when creating an issue from a clash.

We are utilizing custom fields and specific groups of watchers for different areas in a project and want an easy way to apply these values to clashes as we create them without having to fill them in manually for each clash.

I created Issue templates for each area assuming I would be able to utilize them when we created clashes only to find out that they do not apply.  😞

I could see this working as follows:

Method One:

1. User selects Create Issue.
  2. User places pin.
  3. First selection in the properties window allows you to select and apply template properties to the clash.

Method Two:

1. User selects Create Issue.
  2. User places pin.
  3. A small window appears that allows you to select a template (or none).
  4. Properties window appears.
4 Comments

This would be an incredible time-saving enhancement. HVAC clashes would be assigned to a specific detailer role with a specific amount of time to fix it, etc.

jhijlkema
Contributor

This feature partially exists in the Coordination Add In for Navisworks. You can create an issue through a clash and then select a template. However, this is not the case when you create an issue by clicking on a model item. 

@jhijlkema That then breaks the connected workflow of the geometry being highlighted in Revit too

jhijlkema
Contributor

@andrell.laniewicz Yeah you're right. So the more reason to fix this 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report