ACC General Discussion Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions and explore popular discussions about everything ACC
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS & Android users accessing ACC in a browser on an iPad or tablet.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
parus_s
728 Views, 5 Replies

iOS & Android users accessing ACC in a browser on an iPad or tablet.

I had an opportunity to explore the ACC feature, and it was good. I could adapt it to our work process in our company.

However, it works effectively only when I use a computer, which is not feasible for all my colleagues all the time.

Some contractors, project managers, and even construction managers usually work on construction sites. They have limited time for paperwork via computer. But most of the time, when they are on a construction site, they always carry their iPad or tablet with them.

It would be great if ACC could work effectively on iPad or tablet browsers as it does on computer websites.

The main problem is that the iPad browser can't write, draw, or markup anything, which is quite disappointing because BIM360 can do any of these (even though it isn't smooth, at least it can).

P.S. The attached video show that it can't do markup in any of these features.

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
krystian.macek
in reply to: parus_s

Hello and thanks for reaching out.  Have you tried our mobile ACC BUILD app that is available in Android and Apple app stores?   While not all functionality is compatible with mobile web browsers, it should function as expected on our Android and iOS mobile apps.
Regards,

Krystian

Krystian Macek
Sr. Product Manager, ACC
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 6
parus_s
in reply to: krystian.macek

Thank you for your response.

I've tried it, but to be honest, it isn't useful either. I found that it didn't suit our work process in any way. After testing the application, I found three major problems that didn't work well, which I've listed below:

1. It's uncomfortable because it always needs to sync and download to access data. It also permanently works offline and requires uploading data online if I want to share information. (The main issue is that our information is too large, requiring many minutes or hours to download.)

2. The User Interface is significantly different between the application and desktop versions. This is a big issue because it's difficult to communicate and teach other colleagues using both the desktop and application interfaces.

3. Submittals and Issue functionalities are not fully functional as they are in the desktop version. I can't access issues while I'm viewing the 3D model to assign them to someone, and I also can't open issues from the Issues tab to see where the issues are located on the 3D model. Additionally, Submittals can't be reviewed or edited; they only allow access to read documents.

These are the reasons why I won't apply the ACC application in our company's work process.

Message 4 of 6
krystian.macek

Thank you again for sharing your feedback.  Our teams continue to make enhancements to our sync processes to reduce the amount of time it takes for project downloads.   We are also making improvements to the 3D issue workflows on our mobile apps and you should see more information on this topic soon.

Regards,

Krystian

Krystian Macek
Sr. Product Manager, ACC
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 5 of 6
parus_s
in reply to: krystian.macek

Thank you for your help. I'll be waiting for a new update on the app and mobile browser.

Message 6 of 6
pasturelois62

iOS and Android users can access the ACC website on their iPads or tablets through a browser, ensuring compatibility across platforms. This eliminates the need for downloading an  " old roll APK  " simplifying the user experience and ensuring seamless access to ACC resources and services.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

View short, easy-to-follow videos about how to use Autodesk's construction products.

Autodesk Design & Make Report