Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Snap Zoom Box

Object Snap Zoom Box

I currently work for a windows company (large see-thru glass objects, not a Microsoft venture), drawing lots of large rectangles (for the most part), so the majority of what I draw are large visual area objects (several to many feet in size), but the framing is only 2", and the details on the framing only fractions of an inch.  So my thought, to save constantly zooming in and out at every intersecting point of the frame, to insure I'm snapping to the correct point instead of the point 1/4" away from it, is to show a zoomed pop-up box in one corner of the screen, let's say approximately 2"x2" or whatever (also depending on monitor size, obviously) that shows which snap point is being highlighted for selection.  And as I move the mouse pointer, it would act just as if I had zoomed in, and would subsequently move to highlight the next snap point.  The box would then disappear once the need to show a snap point was no longer required.  Kind of like having a model viewport whose visual content showed a 1"x1" box around the crosshair.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report