Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

take a measurement

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
821 Views, 8 Replies

take a measurement

Hi

This is a bit of an idiots questions but can i take a measurement on A360?

I can't see a tool to do this. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jay_miller
in reply to: Anonymous

From a 2D view, see the picture below:

measure.JPG

Jay Miller

BHB Consulting Engineers, P.C.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 9
BrettWright
in reply to: jay_miller

Thank you for chiming in here Jay, much appreciated. 🙂

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

many thanks guys. 

Is a 3d measure tool in development?

Message 5 of 9
BrettWright

Hi Mervyn, see below.

• Currently A360 has 2D measure for sheets only, however, 3D is on the road map for A360 but not yet in production.
  • 3D measure is enabled in Fusion 360 as well the Free Viewer (a360.autodesk.com/viewer)

Let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

Hi, I had a follow up question about the A360 viewer, compared to the A360 team site. The team site is great for sharing, but without a measure tool for 3D, it's kind of pointless. You mention that the A360 viewer has a 3D measure tool, but when I go to the A360 viewer site (https://a360.autodesk.com/viewer/), it's just blank. I don't see how to upload or view anything. Is there a way to get there from the A360 team site? In other words, I invite someone to the A360 team site, share a 3D model with them, and anything they want to measure, they can launch the A360 viewer to do so? How do people use the viewer, where do they go to get the models, etc? Thanks!!

Ryan

Message 7 of 9
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for posting your question to the forum. Measure is currently available for Fusion files in 3D. We are looking at adding this for other file formats as well.

I clicked on the viewer link and it worked fine for me. You might try clearing your browser cache to see if that helps. Also if you are not using Chrome, try using Chrome to see how that goes.

Thanks again for posting to the forums and hope this helps.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Has there been any development on measuring .dwf formats in A360? Is there an estimated rollout date?

Thanks,

Matt

Message 9 of 9
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting your question to the forum.  2D measure for DWF has worked all along.  It's 3D that does not work yet.   There is actually an internal thread going on right now about 3D Measure and what it would take to support it in more file types. There is no ETA on this as it's still in the discussion stages.   

Hope this helps and have a great day.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report