Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Model with linked models - mirrored links are dark gray

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
504 Views, 5 Replies

Revit Model with linked models - mirrored links are dark gray

Hello,

I've been trying for some time now to find a solution to my problem. I have a model with linked revit files that compose the main model. The linked files are mirrored in many instances, and each of those instances appears in a dark gray when I use the A360 Viewer/Cloud Drive functionality. They look fine in Revit. 

Here is a link:

http://a360.co/2qHrWtZ

Thanks for the help!

-Jeff

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting  your question to the forum and sorry for the delay.  I have logged this to our Viewer Team to take a look at this.  I see it displays fine in Design Review, but fails in A360.   Do you see the same issue if you upload the RVT files?   

Thanks again for sharing the details with us and I have logged this as an issue with the team. No ETA on this at this time.   

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks for the reply. To answer your question; yes, it behaves the same when I upload the .rvt file. I placed all the linked units plus the master building file into one directory. I then re-designated all of the paths to the linked units in the master building file to point to them in the directory. I uploaded the entire directory with all of the .rvt files. Long explanation, but yes the mirrored units still are dark gray when doing it this way.

-Jeff

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Any updates to this? Any work arounds? 

Message 5 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay, I thought I had replied to you yesterday. We have sent this to the development team and they have found a defect. I do not have any ETA on when that defect will be resolved, but the team is looking into it. I asked about a possible work around and at this stage there is no work around. You could try removing the dark sections and re adding them and see if that works as a temporary solution.

Wish I had more and hope this helps.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks for the response. As I stated earlier, it seems the dark gray models are those that are mirrored links. I hope this can help decipher the underlying problem at hand. These models work and look great in Revit itself; however, for presentation purposes, Revit isn't always the best tool to show it off. For the time being I will take your suggestion and use Design Review, but I hope that a fix for the online viewer will be implemented sometime in the near future.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report