Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any option to invite people for a particular file in a project?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Radish_G
488 Views, 1 Reply

Is there any option to invite people for a particular file in a project?

Hi A360 Team,

I have a group of contractors involved in a project and those people are stationed remotely.

I want to invite them to our project but, with limited access to certain files in the project. And i don't want them see all the files in the project. Which means limited access to a certain files in the project.

For e.g,

There is a three team involved in the project.

1. Archi, 2. Structural & 3. MEP

The condition is, editing permission should hold by the respective team, not by other disciplines. I mean, Archi files should be edited by only the archi team & other two disciplines are viewers. But they should able to link the Archi project file to their project file.

Please advise is there any way to achieve this..,

Thanks in advance. Hope I explained clearly. Need more information please let me know.

1.JPG

Regards
Radish G
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello Radish,

Thanks for posting your question to the forum. Right now the only option is to invite someone into the HUB as a Team Member, or as a Project Contributor.  Project Contributor can also have view only rights, but that is for any project you invite them into.   

We do have an idea in our Idea board for Permissions and the team is aware of this and looking at this for the future.  Please go ahead and add your vote and comments to what you would like to see in the future.   We look at the votes and comments when evaluating new features as well as enhancements to existing features.    

A360 Idea board - Permissions:

Also take a look at the following link on the new Viewer role and how it works. 

A360 Forum - New Permissions feature - viewer role:

Be sure to check out the Tips, Tricks and Tutorials forum as well, we have more details there around some of the existing features for Team.  

Hope this helps and thanks again for posting your question to the forum.  

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report