Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission management

Permission management

So, I get how this would work for small projects but what would be great is to have it for larger projects as well.

- enterprise level import / export of project members

- folder level permissions

- the ability to make changes to accounts who are invited - say I invite someone from FirmB and they leave FirmB but I want to maintain their data record. I'd like to change that to FirmB-2 giving permission of the account to someone else from FirmB.

- Alternately, if someone leaves FirmB, I don't want them accessing the project data and I'd like to be able to disable their access to the project.

I have a lot of requests for Revit-related tools for what you can do with a posted model, but I'll wait for that functionality to appear.

24 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Accepted

RCoutu2
Enthusiast

Most important you should have the ability to adjust who can upload to specific folders and who can just view and or download from other folders.

tobias
Collaborator

I agree with rcouto, set permissions for each folder in the project per member level.

Also folder (and maybe file) access yes or no for each member level.

Darin.Green
Mentor

It would be great to have the ability to grant access to specific files within a given project. For example, a project that includes multiple organizations with different disciplines (Arch, Struct, MEP, and Civil), the Arch should not have the ability to modify the other files (Struct, MEP, and Civil) within that project. Having the ability to restrict them to only view the model would be a huge benefit for large scale projects.

In addition, it would be great to have the ability to create groups which can be applied for managing users and allocating resources.

Permissions.png

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support

Hi Darin,

Thanks for posting your idea to the IdeaStation.  Your idea is actually a duplicate of an existing Idea that is set for comments and kudos.  Can you add your screen shots and comments to that idea?  Here is the link.  Also be sure to give it Kudos as well.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-ideastation/permission-management/idi-p/4802055

Thanks again for posting your idea on A360. 

Bud Schroeder

Autodesk Inc.

CharlesBerteaux
Advisor

Great Idea!!!!

mariepl
Advocate

this is absolutely necessary

DanBayer1
Contributor

It would be great to have the ability to share a folder.  More diverse content is being added into A360 and at times I would like to send the entire folder and not have to create a zip file.  

Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi Dan,

Can you add your comment to this already existing idea ang give it a Kudo.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-ideastation/permission-management/idi-p/4802055

Thanks and I'll mark this one as a duplicate.

Bud Schroeder

Autodesk Inc.

DanBayer1
Contributor

It would be nice to have the ability to download an entire folder.  We have more and more diverse content, and need to ability to download the entire folder, without haveing to create a zip file. 

CharlesBerteaux
Advisor

If you look at most other Enterprise Cloud Based Storage, All of this permission stuff is standard. Ultimately, we neeed full control over our data and who has access to it, and the ability to pull it all out of the cloud whenever we want to.

mariepl
Advocate

Any idea when Autodesk will be coming out with a solution to this issue?  Archiving and getting control over documents is of utmost importance!

luke.perry
Community Visitor

This has partly been covered above, however I would like to expand to say that it would be very useful to have the ability to completely control the permission /access levels of users.

For example, if you have multiple ogranisations working on a project, I would want certain folders to be completely restricted to those with full permission; if certain documents contained sensitive information. Until then it seems that you would have to ensure that all documents uploaded only contain information that is ok to be shared with everyone on the project site.

tobias
Collaborator

I would be very convinient to have the folder permissions but what is happening with these ideas ?

It is marked as accepted for 1,5 year ago. I have been holding my breath sinds then, spoke to autodesk 

employees but nothing happends. A360 just received a very nice layout but no difference in functionality.

Any ideas ?

DiegoMinato
Explorer

we need this functionality...

zackkorzen
Observer

This is an absolute must.  We'd be using this right now if it weren't for this specific functionality gap.

KevinKretschmer
Participant

Folder and group permissions are essential for any file sharing or collaboration tool.  We need the ability to set simply read/write/edit permissions on a folder level and ideally we could have the ability to assign Project Members to 'Groups' and assign groups read/write/edit permissions.  This is not out of the realm of excpectations to control and manage who you are sharing information with.  The suggestion to create indvidual secret projects just to separate who can see what results in a lot of management overhead and is unrealistic for even smaller projects. 

Currently I have to setup a separate Sharepoint Site which has that level of granular permissions to use as a collaboratino site and then I will have to point select Project Member over to a A360 Collaboration site to access live files.  This really should be able to be done in a single site that is intended for 'Collaboration'.  Not all team members are equal.

pribulad
Explorer

Hello All,

I don't think so this Idea is a duplicate (see bud's link). Actually this Idea is somehow opposite to Permission management Idea, if not then a sub function of Permission management.

This meant to be for unregistered users, which could simply get of one place (board) multiple file access. I think adding this function to A360 would bring more unregistered users to A360 closer then forcing them to register to access folder share (which ends up zipping files in most of the cases, if not choosing different cloud).

FYI this folder share option some cloud services already offers.

I suggest to show unregistered users that A360 is not only download link but something more, witch can offer cloud functions with easy access. I understand this is striking an idea of A360 to hold professional level state, meaning user registration is unconditional. It's up to you A360 team.

nkloski
Collaborator

Yes, essential for me as well.  I don't use A360 at all right now (favoring GrabCAD) just because of this missing feature.  I do design work for clients, and I only want to give them the option of downloading the file when all of the design work is done and they have paid fully for an acceptable result.  I can't use A360 in this way because everyone has ability to download everything, and the only thing I might be able to do is a "live review" in Fusion 360 but that requires everyone to be on their computers at the same time.

Radish_G
Collaborator

Yes, these kind of control over the central model is paramount.

AutoDesk really have to look into it.

Following is the link of my post regarding this subject.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-forum/is-there-any-option-to-invite-people-for-a-particular-file...

Radish G

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report