Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 view in browser

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
644 Views, 4 Replies

A360 view in browser

Hi

Is there any way i can use A360 to my ASP.NET MVC project to view .dwf files in my browser??

But i have a requirement that says it has to take files from my webserver, and they can't be uploaded to a 3rd party.

I hope this is the right place to ask this 🙂 

Best regards

Nicklas

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
asiteur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

It's probably not really the right place to ask this, but who cares 😉

What may be of use to you is the Forge Platform:

https://forge.autodesk.com/

This is basically an API to A360 and quite a bit more. It allows you to create viewables out of CAD files (and can do comparisions and... for you).

But yeah, it will then upload the file to Autodesk to process it, and will give you access to a viewer.

But you can't get the viewer 'program' to run locally.

Hope that helps!

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: asiteur

@asiteur wrote:

But yeah, it will then upload the file to Autodesk to process it, and will give you access to a viewer.

Is there a way to use it without uploading to Autodesk?

And thanks a lot for your answer 🙂 

Message 4 of 5
asiteur

Hi there,

I don't really get your question.

It is a serverbased API, hence in the end you send a request to the server to do a certain job on a certain model.

The server-side process then needs your model to do it... so you will need to upload it. It's not a software package that you can buy and run on your local server. If it will keep your model or will remove the model data and only return the extracted data that I don' t know, but is probably something you can choose.

I really recommend you reading up on these kind of things on the forge website. I'm a forge newbie too.

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 5
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Nicklas, 

Thanks for posting your question, and let me jump in here. The files have to always be uploaded to the Autodesk servers, that is where the files go through what we internally call translation so that they can be viewed in the browser window.  There is no other way to do this at this time. 

Hope this helps and have a great day.   

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report