Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360, Fusion 360 and BIM 360 Team Mobile Application Viewing issue and status.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
LisaDarrah
2155 Views, 12 Replies

A360, Fusion 360 and BIM 360 Team Mobile Application Viewing issue and status.

Hello Mobile Customers,

I wanted to give some of you an update on where things are with issues that have been posted to the forums around viewing failures in the mobile platform. At the beginning for November, we made improvements on performance for our viewer on the web versions of A360, Fusion Team and BIM 360 Team. One of the implementations caused a regression on our Mobile platforms causing problems for many of you to view the files on your mobile devices. This happens on files that were uploaded after November 1st. 

We have been tracking every issue that has been reported around this and we hear your concerns. I wanted to let you know we are actively working on addressing this issue and this is the Mobile teams top priority. We have identified the cause of this regression and the teams are working on identifying a fix but trying to keep the performance enhancement that was released.

If you are experiencing this on mobile, please try the following workaround:

After upload the file on the mobile app, click on the "i" and then select "Share" to start a public share. Once the share option opens, click “Done”.  Now you should be able to view the file. 

I know you are frustrated and I wanted to give an update on what the status is.  I will post updates to this thread as they become available.

Lisa Darrah
Senior Program Manager - Fusion
LinkedIn | Twitter
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
LisaDarrah
in reply to: LisaDarrah

Hello Mobile Customers,

Update for this week on the viewing issue.  We have started to finalize the plans around the resolution to the issue and will target to have the issue addressed by next week provided no critical issues are found.  I will reply to this thread the day you should start to see the problem resolved.  At this time, this should not require an app update. We will be releasing an update to the application later this month that will have addressed some crashes and other bug fixes not related to this viewing issue.

Again, Thank you for your patience, it is appreciated.  

Lisa Darrah
LinkedIn | Twitter
Message 3 of 13
multibygg

i don't find this option on my Ipad? When I press the "i" the only choices for me will be "copy link" and "open in". On my desktop/internet application there is no such choice either 

Message 4 of 13

Hello,

Thanks for posting your question to this topic. I see you are using A360 Drive and that is our older collaboration technology.  The workaround for this is to go directly to A360 Drive and sign in. Then open the file on your computer and view the file.  Once the file has been viewed, then you can open and view the file on your mobile device.  I just gave it a try and it works great. 

Hope this helps and have a great day and God Jul

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Has this issue been solved yet?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

AutoCAD on my Droid Tablet….

On my Laptop; I printed to a DWF6 ePlot.PC3, and a DWFx ePlot.PC3,… and Exported to DFW and DFWx…and I saved a DWF of mine to my GDrive…. When I go to open any of these on my Android Tablet (VK815) using either A360 or AutoCAD (both which I downloaded to my tablet)… I get “Failed to generate file preview”.

I am not impressed… this does not work easy…

Jerry Aulph

JAulph@DSIdsc.COM

Message 7 of 13
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks Jerry for posting here and the private message. The temporary workaround should work well for you, it has worked for every one we have shared it with.

Thanks again for posting to the forums and have a great New Year.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I’m unable to view a file uploaded and administered by another member of my design team. They have invited me onto the 360 platform which works well on laptop but I cannot see the same file in my iPhone app. I have followed the rectification instructions provided. Can you provide further advice.
Message 9 of 13
LisaDarrah

Good News!

We have released an update yesterday that resolved the issue around files not being view-able on the mobile application unless they were open in web first.

However, there are some known issues we are continuing to work on.

IOS Customers

• Customers will encounter FQN errors on some files when opening them for the first time. If you accept this message, the file should load after the translation completes. This may take some time depending on the size of the file uploaded

mobile22.png

• In some larger file cases, we were experiencing longer than average load times for Navisworks and Revit files.  However, after the initial translation for the view, the file should open when accessing in the future without problems. You will see this message during translation

mobile21.png

For Android customers, our testing did not show any errors or issues.  You should be set to start viewing your files!

This was an update to the server side of the product and no app update is needed to see the improvement.

Again, thank you for your patience, understanding, and reporting the issues to us.

Lisa Darrah
LinkedIn | Twitter
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks Lisa for the update and that’s AWESOME NEWS👍😀

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I thank you for the update and all the efforts you made to solve these problems, is really impressive.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

nice fo fusion team

Tutuapp Kodi Lucky Patcher

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

all of the topics here are so interesting and also i want to share some good and informative content which is about healthy king cbd Review which is quite relateable and you might check it out just for once it'll worth your time.
https://projectwomb.com/fat-decimator-system/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report