Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload via c# app

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TK.421
414 Views, 4 Replies

Upload via c# app

is it possible to upload to my A360 drive from a visual studio app I create?  I don’t want to do any web browser interaction at all, just click a button. 

Thanks in advance. 

David

--------------------------------------
Former Expert Elite Member (not enough participation in all their webinars and other "stuff", even though I beta test and regularly contribute to the betterment of the software and the PowerMill community as a whole)

the numbers never lie
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bogdan_ciobanu
in reply to: TK.421

Hi @TK.421 

Thank you for your question. My name is Bogdan and I am with Autodesk Technical Support. 

I am not aware of anything like this, but I will ask around and see if my colleagues in the dev team could advise.

Have you checked the BIM 360 API forum? Maybe one of the other cloud products will help you. 

Best regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan Ciobanu
Message 3 of 5
TK.421
in reply to: bogdan_ciobanu

thanks for the reply @bogdan_ciobanu!  I will look at the BIM 360 API forum and see if I can find anything there. I am new to most of these Autodesk things as I'm a user that came over from Delcam a couple years ago. My knowledge is in Powermill, but I am (very slowly) learning about all the other stuff Autodesk offers.  I also have a somewhat limited programming ability, so some of that stuff is over my head!

In the mean time, I did find a work around: In my plugin, I put a browser window that navigates to my a360 drive page and also a window containing the file I want to upload, so the user can simply drag and drop it into the browser window. Not the best solution as the user still needs to sign in and then execute the drag/drop, but it works. Hopefully there will be something on bim360 to help, or the support ticket that was created on my behalf will bear some fruit.

thanks again for your reply, and creating the support ticket!

David

Former Expert Elite Member (not enough participation in all their webinars and other "stuff", even though I beta test and regularly contribute to the betterment of the software and the PowerMill community as a whole)

the numbers never lie
Message 4 of 5
bogdan_ciobanu
in reply to: TK.421

Hi @TK.421 

Thank you for your reply. 

Alright, good to know you found your workaround. What you are describing seems in a way similar to Desktop Connector, which will replicate on your disk drive the data on your source (BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Team or Fusion 360). You would basically see some mirrored disk drives on your machine and you can then open those drives to drag and drop files.

Have a look at the provided link, maybe it will help. 

Best regards,

Bogdan

Bogdan Ciobanu
Message 5 of 5
TK.421
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, google didn't translate that very well. What are you asking?

the numbers never lie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report