Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload/download strangeness

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
562 Views, 3 Replies

upload/download strangeness

I am new to A360, and found this strange....

I uploaded a file to the 360 site and now the history shows that i downloaded it 10 minutes later.  I did not download my own file.

Another person in our office is finding that files she has download permission for are now downloading, but she did not request it.

We also could not download files in our document list.  We got the error message that the 'file no longer exists'.

What is going on here?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting your question to the A360 Drive forum.  Are you by chance also using the A360 Drive Sync component with one of the desktop products. Maybe AutoCAD, or an AutoCAD based vertical.  Inventor also will install the sync component.  If you do, and have set it up, it will be syncing your data between the A360 Drive WEB site and your local machine.  And if you have shred your files or have files shared with you that also tied to sync, then that would be the activity that you are seeing.

Hope this helps and let us know.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the information. I think we came to the same conclusion just before your answer arrived... It was a bit unnerving to see things being downloaded without our explicit 'permission' (I honestly thought we had given info to a hacker site!)
Perhaps for us newbies that are a bit computer savvy, the download/upload status could include a short tag that includes what initiated the file movement, such as 'SYNC', 'guest', or "owner'. That would have clued us in to why things were happening - and thus not bothered you about it.

Again I appreciate your answers!

Thank you,

Matthew Becker, AIA
Architect

Message 4 of 4
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Matt,

No problem and glad we could help out. And that is a great suggestion. We have an IdeaStation that you could post this as a future enhancement you would like to see for both A360 Drive and Desktop sync. Can you use the following link to post this new idea, then I can open it up to comments and kudos from others.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-ideastation/idb-p/202

Thanks again for the update and glad we could. And looking forward to seeing your idea posted in the IdeaStation.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report