Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What's the Difference?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ben
Collaborator
525 Views, 5 Replies

Re: What's the Difference?

I uploaded a model to A360 Drive and nothing shows up, and it's been loading a view all day with no results. I watched the YouTube video "What is A360 Drive?" and you can see the obvious difference between how theirs and mine.

A360 Drive from the YouTube videoA360 Drive from the YouTube video

My A360 Drive Model...still loadingMy A360 Drive Model...still loading

I noticed theirs actually has a section for "Model" where you can view doors, windows, pipes, walls, etc. Mine only has "3D View". The plane Jane sheets wont even load

Revit lives in the land of perfect and doesn't understand what construction is.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
don_simpson
in reply to: ben

Hello,

Your most recent reply is separate from the original question for which this forum post was started. I will be moving this post into a separate thread within the forum.

Regards,

Don

Don Simpson

Technical Support
Message 3 of 6
patrick.beattie

Hi @ben,

Thank you for posting to the A360 Drive forum.  I can see that your model is not appearing in the viewer after uploading.  

Does this happen for all of the models you have tried to upload, or only a particular model? 

A360 Drive may have trouble processing your particular model, but we would need to gather some more information on it.  What is the authoring software of the model and does it contain any referenced/linked models.

If possible would you be able to send me a Private Message with a Public Link to your A360 Drive model?

Let us know if you have any questions.  I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 4 of 6
ben
Collaborator
in reply to: patrick.beattie

I have only tried upload two projects to A360 Drive. The first one was a tiny little one as a test run, that showed up just fine, it was only 63MB. This one is much larger at 120MB.

I do have Arch & Struct linked into my model. I uploaded my model, and I also uploaded the Arch & Struct models too (my original intent was to be able to link them together, but I found out that's not possible unless we are using Glue). However, this happens whether I try and view my model, the arch model, or the struct model for this project.

They were all drawn in Revit.

I will send you a PM shortly. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6
patrick.beattie

Hey @ben,

Just wanted to follow up with regards to our communication.  It seems like after you changed to a different browser, you were able to view your models.  It seems like the original issue was related to browser compatibility with Internet Explorer.  

For browser compatibility, please take a look at the A360 browser requirements.  Internet Explorer 11 is listed, however there are known limitations that our team is aware of. Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 don't support WebGL, so they can't show either 2D or 3D design files. They can only show nondesign files.

If you consider your forum post resolved, please choose Accept as Solution so that other community members can find the answer as well.

Thank you and have a great day,

Patrick B.

Global Product Support

Message 6 of 6
ben
Collaborator
in reply to: patrick.beattie

It's weird because I'm using Internet Explorer 11 and it wouldn't work, but it did work with Firefox

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report