Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: A360 - Service Unavailable

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
Darin.Green
3045 Views, 30 Replies

Re: A360 - Service Unavailable

@Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

We also have a customer in the same boat where they're getting "Service Unavailable" message when they sign in. None of their files are sync'd back to their system nor any new files being sent to their A360 Drive website.

While troubleshooting, we've tried everything you have posted without success. However, if I log into A360 Drive with my account while the users is logged in, everything sync correctly. That would mean the issue is with the user's account. 

I've contacted Autodesk Support a month ago, and they keep asking me to post to the forums... Can I PM you with their email address so you can review their account on the back-end?

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Hi Darin,

Please have the customer post here so that we can work with him directly. Also is the person able to sign into A360 Drive and upload or download files manually? If so, the account would look to be fine. Also what happens if they try to use a different system, does that work?

Thanks for getting more details.
Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 31

@Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Yes, the customer can log into the website to see and download files without a problem. The issue is not system specific. When he log into A360 Desktop, nothing is sync'd. Very strange behavior. 

I'll ask the user to post to this thread.

If this information was helpful, please consider using the Accept Solution

Message 4 of 31

Thanks Darin and that tells us it's not an account issue, but something with the Autodesk Drive Sync Component on his system.  Can you also ask him to use the attached PDF file to capture the log and DB files from his system.   And feel free to point him directly at this thread, and we can go from there. 

Thanks for the updates and have a great day.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

I have followed the steps on the PDF you have posted.  The one issue is that in the 3rd step the mentioned cloud folder was completely empty.  I included a screen cap of this with the other requested files.  Please advise what the next step is.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous

I responded with the requested information, but haven't received a reply.  Please advise.

Message 7 of 31
BrettWright
in reply to: Anonymous

hi Robert, 

• Just to confirm the issue here can you give me more detail on what isn't working for you with regards to the A360 Desktop product?
  • i.e. are you files not syncing from your local folders to your online Drive, or is there some other issue?

• Also, i see that you've tried to pull the log files that we'll need, but did you first try and do a full log out / log in to try and reset the A360 Desktop syncing functionality? sometimes that also is just what is needed.

Below are the steps for the logout/login process.

Please let me know after you've tried this if we still need to proceed with the next step, which would be to send your log files on to our dev team to review.

Is your A360 Desktop "sync" installed properly, and do you have the most up to date version?

• A360 Desktop "sync" cannot just be installed on its own.
  • It has to be installed along with your install of any AutoCAD based vertical product or Inventor. No other products work with A360 Desktop 'sync'.
  • If you didn't install A360 Desktop "sync" when you did the install of your product, launch Setup, and make sure the "sync" option is selected.
  • After you confirm the install, then check HERE to be sure you have the latest copy of A360 Desktop "sync" installed.
  • If you're using 2016+ product, you first have to do a SAVEAS to point your save (just the first time) to the right local A360 Drive folder in order for it to sync to your online Drive. (the "autosync" function isn't available in AutoCAD based products past 2015 version) 

If you've confirmed that you installed A360 Desktop "sync", yet it's not working properly, proceed to the below.

• Review "Sync" document to log out of A360 Drive, reboot your machine, then log back in to see if that resets "sync" for you.
  • If the logout/login doesn't work, then zip up and send us your log and database files, see linked document that walk you through how to find them and email them to us at askteam@autodesk.com. 
  • Sync and Log file documents linked HERE

Thanks,
Brett Wright
Community Manager
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: BrettWright

The problem is that the online files do not sync to the local machine. Does not matter which machine does not work anywhere I'm logged in. Our people have logged in with their account and their files show up instantly. The problem is with my account and not the machine or the install. Yes we have tried everything multiple times already.

Message 9 of 31
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Robert,

Sorry about the delay, I did not see you had updated the post. I just forwarded your log files to the sync team to see if they have any ideas on what is going on. I looked in the log and it seems that your cache is not updating for some reason. Also note that I am headed out of the office on Sabbatical, so Brett will be helping out here. I also asked the Sync team to feel free to ask you for any updates they need here in the forum as well. They may still choose to go through Brett, though.

In the log file, I can see your version of sync is 8X, can you also share with us what desktop product you are using. For example AutoCAD 2018?

Again sorry for the delay and thanks for checking back.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 10 of 31
Anonymous

I mainly use Revit 2017, but have AutoCAD 2018 and various other 2018 programs installed as well.

Message 11 of 31
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks Robert,

Revit is not supported directly with the Sync component as the Revit Team did not implement it in the product. I did share your log files with the Sync team, but have not heard back yet, will reach out to them again today. Note that I am going to be on Sabbatical starting Thursday afternoon, and Brett will jump in to help out if we have not heard back from the Sync team by them.

Thanks again for the update.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous

Bud,

Revit has nothing to do with the issue. The issue is strictly this - I have files saved on A360 drive online. Those files will not sync to my local pc on my C: drive. Does not matter the computer. Does not matter what is installed or not installed. Nothing ever syncs. I always get the error: "Service unavailable". If someone else logins into the a360 drive on my computer with their account and password all their files sync to my computer instantly with no problem. There has to be something wrong with my account if that happens not Revit or anything else.

Message 13 of 31
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Robert,

I'm just letting you know that Revit is not supported using this tool, that is all. I also pinged the Sync Team to see if they have had a chance to look at this yet and they have not. Note that this is not an issue with your account, it looks to be something in your files that have been uploaded and how sync creates a baseline.

Thanks for understanding the point of the Revit comment and hope this helps

Bud
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 14 of 31

Actually, one other question Rober. Are you able to download these files from your browser?

Thanks and please let us know if that is possible.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous

Ok I understand about Revit. Sorry I'm just frustrated. Yes I can download files from the browser. I can also upload from the browser.

Message 16 of 31
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks Robert, and no problem, I had a feeling it was frustration.   While we wait to hear back from the team, I found a Knowledge Base Article, that you can try to see if it makes any difference at all.  

Autodesk 360 is not syncing files:

Thanks again for all the feedback and let me know if this makes any difference at all. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous

I tried the suggestions in the knowledge base article and still the same results no syncing.

Message 18 of 31
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks Robert for trying this, it helps rule out other issues.  I did hear back from the team in the early hours.  We need one more log file, can you get this for us.  You will find this under your user login for your computer.   

"Could you please ask the Robert to get the AdWebServices.log file that is written to the following location?

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services\Log"

WebService log.jpg

Note that when uploading files, you have to do so directly in the forum, they won't show up if replying to the forum from an eMAIL notification. 

Thanks again for all your help on this, we very much appreciate you doing this.  

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous

Here is the requested file.

Message 20 of 31
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Thanks Robert, and I have shared this with the team. Once we hear back, we will let you know. Note that Brett may be taking over after tomorrow as I go out on sabbatical.

Thanks for getting this file for us so quickly.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report