Community
A360 Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A360 drive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
544 Views, 5 Replies

A360 drive

In A360 drive if you link a serial number from a subscription plan you can get 25GB of storage instead of the 5GB when you initially set up a account. If you have 100 autocad licenses that are on subscription with the same serial number can you then have 100 people on A360 drive with all of them having 25GB of storage by plugging in that same serial number?

Can you take a existing A360 drive project and copy that folder structure as a template to create a new project instead of having to recreate all the same subfolders manually in the new project? Most of our projects have all the same folder structures. I have three folders that I want to keep secret/hidden. Whenever I go to the main “documents” page they always show up. Is there a way to hide those particular folders?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for posting your question. I moved you from the A360 forum to the A360 Drive forum. You may want to ask your subscription question in the Subscription site. You can put in a support case for that.

http://www.autodesk.com/subscription.

I'm not sure I am following your question on copying an A360 Drive project. A360 Drive is not really project based, it's file and folder based, designed to work for a single person. That is why you are seeing the files and or folders. Can you tell us more about what you are trying to do with these files and or folders and who you are trying to hide them from? If you don't want someone to see them, don't share them with anyone and then you will be the only one that see's those folders and or files.

You may also want to check out our new A360 Team product. We just released it not that long ago and it is project and collaboration based. You can create secret projects that only the people you invite in can see. Go check it out at the following location.

http://autodesk360.com

And here is the FAQ as well.

http://autodes360.com/faq

Hope this helps.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Join the AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Program.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Bud,

I actually work for an Autodesk reseller and I am trying to get an answer on behalf of my customer. I did open a ticket for this originally and all they sent me was the FAQ, which was less than helpful, so I thought I'd try the forums.

As for the project he's asking about, I think he is just asking if there is a way to save the file and folder structure he has set up so that it can be set up the same way for someone else.

Message 4 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Amanda,

Not all subscriptions are eligible for the 25 gigs of space. You should reply back to the eMAIL and let them know it did not answer your question. I do not have a way to check it either, so going through subscription is the best bet.

The way A360 Drive works is if the other person is using A360 Drive Desktop Sync client. And he has shared the folder, then they will get the same file and folder structure. If they are using the WEB Site to download the files, then it will not. That does not sync files. If they are not interested in viewing the files, I would suggest using eTransmit to export the files, then upload the zip file. Then the person on the other side can download the zip file and extract it getting the same folder structure and dependent files.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes with support. I can ask them to open another case, but you would still need to go back and forth with them on the solution.

Thanks.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Here is some clarification from the customer regarding his folder structure question:

I realize it’s file and folder based but I setup the same folder structure for each project I do. So for project “a” I have to create 12 subfolders manually one at a time. When I do project “b” I have to create all those same 12 subfolders manually one at a time. So one of my original questions was, can you copy the folder structure from project “a” and assign it to project “b” as a template to eliminate having to create all 12 subfolders manually.

I have folders setup for multiple projects in my A360 drive and had to do a presentation to other coworkers to teach them how to use A360 drive but one of those projects was very top secret and I didn’t even want the other coworkers to see the name of the project folders in my A360 drive but yet I had to log into my account to show them how to use A360 drive. So my issue was not a sharing issue, it was simply a question as to whether or not you could hide folders from the document list display.

If these two items above are not possible in A360 drive, could you submit these as feature requests to Autodesk on my behalf? It would be very beneficial functionality.

Message 6 of 6
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK

Hi Amanda,

I don't see any way for him to do that other than manually for each folder that he creates.  If they are using something like AutoCAD or Inventor with A360 Drive Desktop Sync, then they could create the new folders in the Sync drive folder from AutoCAD.  Then let that sync up from the desktop client.  Once that is done, then go to the WEB site and create the shares and what ever else they needed to do.

Here is the link to the IdeaStation, go ahead and just post this as an idea and then we will mark it as comments requested by others so that they can add comments as well as kudos to what they would like to see here.  

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/a360-drive-ideastation/idb-p/202

Also here is a screen shot to show what the options are for folders.  You could move then, but not copy them.   Have you looked at A360 Trial yet?

http://autodesk360.com

They may want to sign up for a trial and take it for a spin to see if it works better for then.   

Options with folders.gif

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions about posting to the IdeaStation. And thanks for the clarification on what they want to do with folders.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report