Revit MEP

Contributor
2001jonathon
Message 1 of 8 (424 Views)
Accepted Solution

Electical panel schedule problem

424 Views, 7 Replies
06-04-2012 07:22 AM

Im having a problem. When I try to create an electrical panel schedule It shouls up a blank White screen. There is nothing on there. Has anyone come across this problem in the past and knows how to fix it.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 8 (422 Views)

Re: Electical panel schedual problem

06-04-2012 07:34 AM in reply to: 2001jonathon

Had the exact same problem. I went back to an older "uncorrupted" version to get them. Attached is an .rvt file with everything purged except for the Panel Schedule Templates. Open this file, and then use Transfer Project Standards from your Project to bring them over.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
2001jonathon
Message 3 of 8 (418 Views)

06-04-2012 07:48 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

So how do I insert it in my drawing file. I have purged everything. I just dont know how to insert it in.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 8 (415 Views)

06-04-2012 07:58 AM in reply to: 2001jonathon

Don't purge anything in your file - if you can undo it, you should.

To get the correct Panel Schedule Templates, make sure that you have both your Project and the previously attached file. In your Project, go to the Manage tab and click 'Transfer Project Standards', which will bring up a dialog box. For 'Copy from:' select "PanelScheduleTemplate". Click 'Check None' and then scroll down through the list and check 'Panel Schedule Templates - Branch Panel' and 'Panel Schedule Templates - Switchboard' and click 'OK'. A message will appear saying they exist already, so just click 'Overwrite' to replace the existing ones with the new. That should do it, just ask if you have any more questions!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Contributor
2001jonathon
Message 5 of 8 (411 Views)

06-04-2012 08:09 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.

Do you know why that problem happens?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 6 of 8 (405 Views)

06-04-2012 08:17 AM in reply to: 2001jonathon

Glad to help.

I don't know why it's like that, but I do know that it was like that for Revit MEP 2011 as well.

Contributor
2001jonathon
Message 7 of 8 (401 Views)

06-04-2012 08:25 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I am all just so new at all of this stuff so I want to thank you again. Now mu next task is to learn how to make a light fixture family, but I will figure it out.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 8 of 8 (214 Views)

03-29-2013 03:47 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

CADastrophe wrote:

Had the exact same problem. I went back to an older "uncorrupted" version to get them. Attached is an .rvt file with everything purged except for the Panel Schedule Templates. Open this file, and then use Transfer Project Standards from your Project to bring them over.

Thank you very much, Corey. I was having the same problem. Your file with the panel schedule templates restored my blank schedule with the correct information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube