Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vraybitmap missing in Material Editor.

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
5474 Views, 11 Replies

Vraybitmap missing in Material Editor.

Hi, 

I want to add hdri in my render but I can not find Vraybitmap in Material/Map browser. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Btw I'm using 3ds max 2021 with vray 5.

Message 3 of 12
RobH2

First, is the 'Rederer' set to VRay. Next, in 'Slate' if you right click in the window you should see 'Maps/V-Ray' and in 'V-Ray' you should see 'VRayBitmap' as the first map. No?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 12
ricky.corderoR5PJS
in reply to: RobH2

Where can I find that in the Material Editor without using Slate?

Message 5 of 12
RobH2

One of the best things you can do as a new user is to just click on every button and see what pops up. You'll find a lot of things you weren't looking for and you'll eventually find what you "are" looking for. It will help you begin to know the interface and it's not a waste of time. 

Here's where it is, see attachment. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 6 of 12
ricky.corderoR5PJS

Thank you so much!!!!

Message 7 of 12
RobH2

My pleasure... 🙂

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
sephiresh

I don't have it in that point, how can I do?

Message 9 of 12
liubovershova91
in reply to: sephiresh

hi, same problem here...did you find a solution?

Message 10 of 12
RobH2

You didn't mention which version of Max you are using but I'd try two things. Uninstall VRay and then do an ENU reset. Then reinstall VRay. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
basithjr72

i'm facing same problem, 3ds max 2021 vray 3.2
did you find a solution?
Message 12 of 12
RobH2

@basithjr72 

I wish I had more to help you with. I just uninstalled VRay from Max 2021 and installed the latest version. And, VRay Bitmap is definitely there as it should be. 

I think you might want to head over the Chaos Group's VRay Forum and post there. I think this may be a VRay issue and not a Max issue. 

I wish I had more help but I don't know what else to try if you've done all the things above. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report