Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vray - Render time: 70 days - Number of frames: 1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
479 Views, 2 Replies

Vray - Render time: 70 days - Number of frames: 1

Hello, everyone. How do you do?

First of all, let me start off by thanking you for taking your time to read this and try to help me. That means a lot.

Well, I am a beginner who decided to venture myself into an advanced project and take up a DigitalTutors advanced tutorial - this is what happens when you don't have the skills.

Anyway, I had no problems following the tutorial, though, cuz at least I got to the render part (yay) and this is where I mess up.

My computer settings are:

Memory: 8gb ddr3

Processor: I7 3,40ghz - 8mb cache

Graphic card: GeForce gt 630 - 2gb

Hard Disk - 1tb

And these are the settings I copyed from the tutor (he never mentions what kind of computer would have the capacity to run his configuration - I guess that's why they call it the blues when they say it's for ADVANCED users and not for beginners like me):

Common tab:

Output Size:

Width - 2531 / Height - 2700

Image aspect: 0.93741

Vray tab:

Vray:: Adaptive DMC Image Sampler:

Min subdivis: 1 - Max subdivis: 25

Indirect Illumination tab:

GI Engine - Brute force (!! I'm a newbie but I know that Brute Force is rather... brute. The tutor, however, says our scene has got lots of important details to be rendered. I trusted him - later on I altered to Irradiance Map and I got some days less, 4 or 5, in render time, what a relief, huh?)

Vray:: Brute force GI

Subdivis: 50 - got a REALLY bad feeling about this!

Vray:: Light Cache

Subdivis: 1500

Number of Passes: 24

Settings tab - this is where I think it's even worse when it comes to matching my computer's capacity.

Dynamic memory limit: 53000 MB  (hum... his computer has 64gb of RAM, so I altered mine to 6200.)

That's pretty much it. That's what I thought it was relevant to mention.

Could you guys help me out with the settings? What could I set down in order to have both REASONABLE good results and render time?

I would REALLY appreciate whatever help I get.

Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What Vray Version are you useing?
The current VRay 3.2 has a toolbar that has a selection for VRay Quick settings.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks a lot. The settings were alright. I reduced the size of the image to 1900X2027 and I could render it in 6h:20m.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report