Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniform Surface Coloring

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
260 Views, 1 Reply

Uniform Surface Coloring

Hello, I'm hoping that one of you might be able to help me out with my issue.

I have a project where I want to load in 2D schematics into 3DSMax to create a 3D model. I then want to assign different colors (RGB) to specific surfaces, which I'll use to "encode" information into the pixels of those surfaces (For instance if I know one surface has a thickness of 30 mm and an angle of 60 degrees, I would make the color of that RGB=30,60,0).

I'll then perform calculations in python on the generated image. However my issue is that when I try to color surfaces in 3DSMax all of the pixels on the respective surfaces do not have a uniform RGB value, even when playing around with the shadows, reflections, etc, lighting. Is it possible to disable all effects?

Can any of you advise on how to achieve a uniform color on respective surfaces regardless of image capture angles, shadows, reflections, etc. I just want the "True assigned color"

Best Regards

Martin

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
madsd
in reply to: Anonymous

See my answer to same question here ->

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-shading-lighting-and/pointcloud-rendering-with-3ds-max-2020-a...

You basically just want to terminate all irrelevant rays and just inject an unbiased pixel color.
This is how to do that with Arnold, which comes with the application.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report