Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Poincloud coloring with elevation ramp

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
382 Views, 3 Replies

Poincloud coloring with elevation ramp

Hi  together, I have loaded a pointcloud (*.rcp) in to 3ds MAX 2020 and try to colorize it with an elevation ramp (lowest to highest z value). But if I select "elevation ramp" in the PointCloud color channel option I always get a horizonal colorization by using an OSL Simple Gradient. Any clue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
madsd
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use the Arnold Color Ramp or Float for grey scale and chose which axis you want to work on.
"v" or "h" etc. pick one, and take a uvwmap and let it guide the direction.

The Arnold Ramp nodes has no match in 3ds max, they are simply superior to any other constuct.

Message 3 of 4
madsd

Also, I did recive the PM with the video.
I cant say for sure what that black thing is before I can access some scene data.

Message 4 of 4
madsd

In the file I link to in PM, where I updated the True color issue with black band I also included a small switch shader so you can toggle between the 2 sub shader hirachies with an integer node you either set to 0 or 1.
This parses either true color, or the custom Ramp onto the point cloud.

In this case I let the ramp go on "v" using typical RGB colors in the Arnold Color Ramp which is fed into the Camera projection shader that has the control camera linked in "need to add it manually ( but I already did in scene ).

Do note that The camera needs 7.2 apsect ratio, not defaul 1.0

eee.jpgeeeeeee.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators