Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture Applying bitmap parameters

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
567 Views, 1 Reply

Texture Applying bitmap parameters

TextureMapping.jpg

Hello everyone,

I am new to 3ds max and I am really bad at texturing, so I would like your help. I have applied a texture to those surfaces. The box on the left (Size: 80x80x80 m) looks very realistic, as It should be. However, the box on the right (Size: 80x80x10 m) looks strange. The texture is not applied properly. I Guess that If I change some of the bitmap's parameters, the problem will be fixed. But I don't really know what those parameters are for, so can somebody answer me:

1. Why does this happen?

2. How can I fix this?

3. If I want to apply the same texture in multiple surfaces, Will I have to apply to each surface another bitmap with different parameters?

4. How Do I adjust with precision: Offset, tiling and angle? For example in the surfaces:

a. 10x80m

b. 80x10m

c. 50x60m

d. 70x35m

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

texturing can be a tricky area so please read about or if you dont like to read like me watch youtube videos. but to answer you now for your second object apply a uv map modifer and when you do so play with the map size till you get what you want. it can be much easier but the steps for many to be easier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report