Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic Material with Maps

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1156 Views, 5 Replies

Realistic Material with Maps

I was Practicing on my Drop Ship and i have encountered a problem when ever i use realistic material my NURBS objects losses it's shape.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JamesClarke3D
in reply to: Anonymous

1 - I noticed you're in shaded mode not realistic

2 - Do your materials/maps have transparency somehow? (Perhaps disable transparency in Viewport Shading menu to test if they become visible...)

---------------------------
| LinkedIn | @SnipeyX |
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesClarke3D

I too Have noticed that but it's both showig both same in written wheter i choose maps with realistic material or simply with shaded.and let me check the transparency and i will get back to you thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

This with TRansperancy Disabled.it is still isn't showing.

Message 5 of 6
JamesClarke3D
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah my bad, I didn't look at the original images close enough and thought something was just disappearing, but I see now that it appears to actually be changing shape for some reason. No idea there really, a guess would be possibly something to do with the tesselation settings changing when in realistic display mode perhaps? For troubleshooting to determine what's going on: Maybe you could isolate the object that changes and see what's different about it? What if you put a standard material on everything with no maps? What shape does it look like when rendered?

---------------------------
| LinkedIn | @SnipeyX |
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah.Figured it out anyway used normal modifier and every thing worked out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report