Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PArray and DBR not playing nicely

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Nick.Pazdan
246 Views, 2 Replies

PArray and DBR not playing nicely

Having an interesting issue and struggling to figure out exactly what's going on. I have five small PArrays set up to bounce some instanced meshes around my scene. For the most part, it's working fine - things render locally no problem. The issue comes when I try to perform a distributed render. The host renders everything but the nodes ignore two of the PArrays entirely. One of the ignored arrays is a relatively high poly object, but the other really isn't, and I'm only doing a spray of 50 particles over a 150 frame time span. To make matters more bizarre, cloning one of the arrays will cause random others to cease to render on the nodes, seemingly only allowing three arrays to render at a time. I'm rendering with VRay 5 on Max 2022. Any ideas on what's going on or how to avoid the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Nick.Pazdan
in reply to: Nick.Pazdan

Ok, so after further testing, I'm not sure that I'm hitting some odd cap - it seems as though the nodes are simply ignoring my deflection objects? So far I've tried recreating the arrays, collapsing the collision sources and resetting the xform on them, creating new deflector objects, and currently in the process of updating Max with the latest patch (2022.1) in the hopes this is just some odd bug. 

Message 3 of 3
Nick.Pazdan
in reply to: Nick.Pazdan

Well after more testing, it just seems that the UDeflector object type is broken in this scene. A standard deflector plane causes no issues, so I've essentially framed out the area I need to deflect in individual planes. Inelegant solution, but functional. Wish I understood why the UDeflector isn't working for the nodes as this isn't a solution for more complex scenes, but I can at least make it work for this one. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report