Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Iray Query

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
550 Views, 5 Replies

Nvidia Iray Query

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew how to recreate this style of rendering or if it is even possible to do this in Iray:

http://orig08.deviantart.net/93e4/f/2013/039/d/1/night_vray_by_bida999-d5u7nzo.jpg

The render above was made using vray and I really like how it looks kind of plasticy, I think it looks quite professional and would love to build my portfolio in this sort of style. However, as much as I would love to get vray, I'm a student and simply can't afford it. I'm, to some extent, new to rendering and using materials so if anyone could give me some advice or point me in the right direction I would apprieciate it. Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Because youre a student you have a lot of advantages if you realize it.

First: you dont have to pay house bills.(your dad does that)

Second: you can say to everyone im working, and noone will distract you!(because youre actually working)

being a student you can play around with the software all day long just for fun!

its a perk, to be a student!

spend a lot of time with Iray, do test renders, use inbuilt materials for speed..iray is great!

the only thing is, you have to give iRay enough time to reduce noise in renders..the more time you let it render the cleaner the render becomes.

and next time Avoid asking a blunt question on a forum to give you a direction, ask very specific questions to people here. they'll be more than happy to help you out. because specific questions from you means youre working hard at your end too. Thats very important for the person helping you.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Ok, thanks for the advice! 🙂

Message 4 of 6
eodeo

Quicksilver is great for those sorts of rendering- the types with complex/soft shadwos/lights and no reflections. Its speed is second to none, and quality is very close to mental ray's.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Ah thank you I will try it out 🙂
Message 6 of 6
eodeo

I'd like to see your qs renderings if you do them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report