Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying "Map Output" to multiple maps at once

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
419 Views, 1 Reply

Applying "Map Output" to multiple maps at once

So I cant figure out a way to have a clone of the settings that would be in the Map Output graph/enable Color Map to multiple maps yet adjusting this only in one place.  Ive been using Max Since Dos but have been out of the loop for a while, dont have a great feel for slate materials editor yet, I suspect this is where one can do this, or a script that I cant write.

So I have this huge stack of over 1000 planes (CT scans) and each one has a different diffuse map and each one uses that same map as an opacity map.  I want to be able to adjust the "Output/enable Color Map" and have it affect all of the opacity maps at once. 

Using VRay materials but standard maps and I put a screen shot sort  of showing whats up.  Have used Texture Dropper Pro to initially create the materials, worked great.

Other options are to put the opacity maps in a different directory and use photoshop batch processing, but I want to vary this much more often and perhaps even animate the variation in opacity.

Thanks a bunch

Peter

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure how in Vray, I don't have it. But in mental ray I would use the Multi/Sub-Map as in input for the Output, that can have multiple map inputs. I don't know if Vray has an equivelent.

multi-sub.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report