Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Rendering with Hair and Fur Modifier-Arnold

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
640 Views, 0 Replies

Issues Rendering with Hair and Fur Modifier-Arnold

Hello! I am a 3D modeler/animator hobbyist. I only have a 2 year degree in 3D and only know the core basics of 3DS Max, but I am trying my hardest to learn. I recently decided to try and use the hair and fur modifier for a project I'm working on, but I've run into a lot of issues with it. I've tried looking up solutions but can't seem to find out how to fix this (I probably don't know the proper terminology to look these things up and am therefore going about it all wrong). 

My issue:
I created a hairstyle out of both methods, the bangs being created using the splines method, and the rest of the hair created using the mesh method. I've included a screenshot of what the hair is supposed to look like as per how I styled it and another photo of what it actually looks like when I try to render it. 

Everything I Know:

I'm using Arnold because that's the only renderer I learned to use while in school, so it's the only one I know. In the effects rendering options for hair and fur I have it set to buffer mode for the hairs because the others didn't seem to work at all. Legacy 3ds max map support is checked in the render setup, no errors have come up when I tried rendering, and I've followed tutorials to assign a standard hair material that I customized to both pieces of the hairstyle through the custom shader parameters in both hair and fur modifiers. 

I have no idea where to go from here. I've considered giving up and remaking her hair as an editable poly helmet with a hair normal map applied, but I'm not one to give up easily so this is basically my last resort, bringing my issue here. Thank you so much if you're able to help me in any way.

Tags (3)
Labels (5)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report