Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is material subdivision unavailable in Vray 5?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
9239 Views, 4 Replies

Is material subdivision unavailable in Vray 5?

Hi, i just installed the most latest 3ds max version which is 3ds Max 2021, vray 5. Just wanna know is material subdivision unavailable in this version of vray? Because in the previous version of 3ds max (2017) that i used always have this subdvs option in my material slot.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JonasVidal
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear friend, the subdivisions factor no longer comes by default in vray in both lights and materials, which for users who used previous versions brings big problems, the good news is that you can activate them again with a script that has generated chaos group for that type of case, another is that you handle the image sampler tab (antialiasing) and vary the factor that comes by default (6) by 25 and with that you will see decent results both in materials and in factor as the light throws in bounces and noise of the image, at greater values ​​of (25) greater time extensions. and another would be to work with the bucket image sampler tab and give increment values ​​in Max subdivision that comes by default in 24 by 100 for example ... and the value of noise treshold from .01 to .005 In my particular opinion of these two modes, the first one is the fastest since it does not depend on the noise SettingsSettings

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JonasVidal

what is the script name 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem!!! what is this script???

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: JonasVidal

what is the script name 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report