Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we save all the channels to an openexr in batch render on V-Ray 5?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
erhanuyysal
1289 Views, 1 Reply

How can we save all the channels to an openexr in batch render on V-Ray 5?

So, lately, we are trying V-Ray 5 because of the lightmix fixture update which is great.

But we need the same process as we can do on Corona Renderer. We want to save the openexr files on batch render and be able to change the lightmix channel after all renders are done. But unfortunately, It is not happening. When I load my exr to the frame buffer for lightmix vray says you need to re-render. So far, I could not solve it. Basicly, I just want vray frame buffer to be an image editor that I can change values of my elements after let's say 10 different angles of render had been done.

All angles, one by one, manually, when you say save all channels into a single file every time and save, you can be able to do what I want. But for batch rendering, I could not find the answer.

Can you help us?

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
erhanuyysal
in reply to: erhanuyysal

As far as I understand by some research, v-ray is still the best renderer I accept that but just not for me. This little issue is actually the most important thing for me and it is really easy to update for a company like chaos group. By the way, they have the source itself. I mean they literally bought Corona Renderer 2 or 3 years ago.

I think they want me to go back to Corona. So I will do that 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report