Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hair and fur not render with materials in 3dsmax 2015-

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Richard.Vivanco
5392 Views, 10 Replies

hair and fur not render with materials in 3dsmax 2015-

Hi

In max 2015 i have a problem when i use hair and fur.  For example, i have a plane with blue color , then apply hair and fur, when i render  the hair appears blue not with the brown/yellow colors that have by default.  if i put a material to the plane, then the hair and fur appears with the diffuse color of the material.

I remember in previous version that the colors of hair and fur are controlled by the material parameter (tip,root) or you have the option to put a map to control the color.

I change to traditional classic/raytraced,  dissable DBR, render not in ortographic view.. but the problem persist.

Any idea?

Thanks

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

I try to load a hair and fur preset, but i have the same problem....

Richard Vivanco V.
Arq. BIM Manager + Autodesk Certified Instructor
Website | Youtube | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

Did you manage to solve this problem? I'm having the same issue and it's driving me crazy.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Richard.Vivanco

Hi, you need to change the hair and rendering options to mr prim, like my screenshot.

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That actually made the fur completely dissapear. I'm also able to render the fur in any viewport. to my understanding it should only render in cameras/perspective.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Allright, i'm an idiot. fixed it though. thanks!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, shouldn't make the fur disappear.

I just create a simple plane, add hair and fur modifier, select "mr prim" in effects settings and here's the result.

And yes, you can render hair and fur with orthographic cam, and perspective cam of course.

mr prim selected:

mrprim.JPG

Buffer selected:

Buffer.JPG

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Yes thank you. I fixed it and buffer works as well, it was a stupid mistake. my default renderer was the quicksilver hardware renderer.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

This solution solved my problem with Mental Ray, but problem still presists in Iray... Will Iray do Hair and Fur?

Iray

MrPrim = disapears

Geometry = no color

Buffer= no color

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

same results for me. I've tried multiple solutions but haven't found anything yet.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

For iray, you will need to use Geometry. For the material, you can use the object material and hide the geometry. And use a copy of this geometry (without the hair and fur modifier) as the main object with a different material.

Or you can convert your hair to mesh and apply your material to the new hair mesh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report