Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final render speed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
417 Views, 3 Replies

Final render speed

I have a scene that i've rendered out at 24fps and 30fps when i take it into AE the total animation is moving too fast in both renders ieven rerendered one in Encoder at 60fps and im getting the same result as the 2 i did in Max. Do anyone know how to fix this problem so that the animation moves at a normal pace and not a super fast one?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you are interpreting wrong your footage.

in the project window: right click in your sequence ---> interpret ----> Main. and change the frame rate.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I tried your suggestion they are still moving at the same speed

Message 4 of 4
Francisco_Penaloza

The speed of the animation (Camera movement moving objects) will depend first on how fast they move in the scene, Sometimes you could confuse because of the speed you see in the viewport but this doesn't nessesary display the actual camera/object speed, you need to do preview render to check the actual camera speed. Viewport performance will vary depending of size of scene and hardware.

Once you get your camera/object animation at the correct speed, then you choose your output FPS, in theory, if you render the same animation, at 24 FPS or 30 FPS they should look the same 'speed', what it changes is the clarity of the animation, one may create more motion blur than the other one if this is activated; animation over all would look more smooth.

If you render at 60 FPS and play at 60 FP the speed of the animation would be the same, but you get more detail on the visuals, less motion blur.  If you play those 60 fps rendered frames at a lower Frame rate, then you get the slow motion effect, without skipping frames.

If you render at 30 FPS and play at 24 FPS you'll get similar effect but not that noticeable. If you render at 24 FPS and display at 30 FPS you'll get skipping frames, animation becomes choppy.  The same if you render at 30 FPS and play at 60 FPS.

In resume changing frame rate after recording or rendering animation is not a random exercise, you only can do it with limitation, to create a special effect of visuals. Otherwise, you'll get undesirable results.

If you want your animation to move slower, you need to render is at a slower peace (more frames over all) not FPS but how many frames are used to object X to move to the next position.

Hope this help you.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report