Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing the bake-to-texture default map names?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
michael_grosberg
267 Views, 1 Reply

changing the bake-to-texture default map names?

I've been working with the bake-to-texture dialog quite a lot lately, baking maps for PBR materials. and this one thing is in the way: the map names that result from a bake are not compatible with the maps names I need to use, so I end up having to always rename them. 

one absurd thing I just found is that the bake to texture dialog outputs AO maps with the name "XXXXX ambient occlusion" but the "import PBR material" doesn't, by default, accept "ambient occlusion" as a valid extension for AO...

anyway my question is, is there a way to change the default map names as output by the bake to texture dialog? I'm comfortable with editing maxscript or ini files. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @michael_grosberg,

Thanks for reaching out and for using the Bake to Textures tool, unfortunately it is not possible to customize the bake to textures default map names, that is something we envisions with a preset system, but it is not something being worked on at this point.

Regarding the ambient occlusion map not recognized as AO map by default in the PBR Importer, I've logged a defect in our backlog with a link to this post, it should be an easy fix, the solution would probably be to remove the spaces in the Bake to Texture map names.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report