Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baking a texture without baked lighting?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BenediZ
244 Views, 1 Reply

Baking a texture without baked lighting?

Hello,
I'm trying to get a simple single Diffuse und Roughness Map from the input used in a VrayMaterial - which has a complex node tree.

Which is the proper way to get a reduced single map? (not with lighting baked! Just in order to replace the long tree with a single map).

When I try "render to texture" it renders with light (although "light" is disabled).

Thanks for help
(3dsMax 2022)

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: BenediZ

You can go to the last node before the Material and right click on it then choose 'Render Map...' Specify a size and it will render it all down to one bitmap. It's how I reduce Substances since they bring Slate to a crawl. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report