Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold, transmission object has gray color instead of being visible through.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
676 Views, 3 Replies

Arnold, transmission object has gray color instead of being visible through.

Please, can anyone help me? I applied ''standard surface'' to my object. Then in ''material parameter''  I changed my base color value from 1 to 0, specular general par. is set 1, transmission  general value is 1, transmission depth - 10. In ''render setup'' transmission ray depth is 10. To my object I applied  ''arnold properties'' modifier and turned off opaque. Scene is  lit with skydom light.

After render my object looks completely gray . I can't see through my ''glass mesh''  because it's has a solid gray color. Some times seems when I'm playing around with transmission depth value setting  from 10 to 100 , object can has a thin visibility through, but gray color doesn't get away anyway. I Lost heart.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
madsd
in reply to: Anonymous

Works fine, not sure what you are doing besides adding the things, but you are doing something that then breaks it.

No need to set opauge, no need for anything special, it just works.
So you have some special condition in your setup you think you need to do that breaks it, or you have very old and dated versions of the application.

Attached a simple working case max 2021

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: madsd

Thanks man for spending your time . I've last version of Arnold and Max 2020, maybe that is the cause. I'll upgrade my  Max and will see what I'll get. Thanks  again. 

Message 4 of 4
madsd
in reply to: Anonymous

2020 file attached

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report