Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arnold renderings not matching color of texture maps

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CreativeFRV
453 Views, 4 Replies

Arnold renderings not matching color of texture maps

I cant seem to get my renderings to match the color of my maps. 

I'm redoing a job from some time ago. Back in 2014 when I used Mental Ray (sure miss it). Now I'm using Arnold and struggling with color consistency. I'm hoping this is a simple setting that I'm missing. If anybody can shine some light on this for me I'd get very grateful. Thanks!

Attached are screen shots of what I am seeing. I'm using a very basic Arnold Standard Shader with a very low specular. I've not made any other adjustments. The lighting consist of an environment map that has no color, just a simple studio map and two quad lights. The lighting is a bit hot as I'm trying to get more color out of the render but the blue is just coming in way to dark. It's important that I match the clients blue as closely as possible. Arnold is letting me down yet again. 

Frank

Labels (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CreativeFRV
in reply to: CreativeFRV

Here is the actual map and color... 

Message 3 of 5
CreativeFRV

hmm seem attachment didn't make it last time...

Message 4 of 5
CreativeFRV

Well, after a day of banging my head I just realized it's prob gamma... and yes, it would seem that was the problem. Hopefully this will help others with the same problem. Preferences/Gamma and LUT/Enable Gamma/LUT Correction mine is now set to 2.0 and it seems to be producing a render that is quite close color wise to the maps I'm using. 

Message 5 of 5
CiroCardoso3v

A good tip for the future is using the Render Message Window. Those errors and others will appear there.

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report