Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying pause after render completes.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
FHull
349 Views, 3 Replies

Annoying pause after render completes.

Hi,

The issue I have is there is an extended pause after each frame I render. I am rendering locally to a hard drive. I have tried rendering to different image formats and I have tried not writing to a file at all. The render buffer just hangs for a while. The pause is longer than the render itself. Using Arnold.

Suggestions appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CiroCardoso3v
in reply to: FHull

Hard to say without a log. Are you saving AOVs? That pause is probably 3ds Max saving the frame, and if is a big file, it could take some time. How long does pause takes? Can you also attached a log?

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
domo.spaji
in reply to: CiroCardoso3v

@CiroCardoso3v wrote:

That pause is probably 3ds Max saving the frame, and if is a big file, it could take some time.

It would take more time to save as smaller file...

In any case shouldn't be noticeable.

Message 4 of 4
FHull
in reply to: FHull

Apparently the issue was unresolved X-refs. I couldn't remove the xref records so I merged into a new scene and the problem went away.  I can understand why missing xrefs might slow down the beginning of a render - attempts to locate the missing resources - but not after the render has already completed!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report