Community
3ds Max Shading, Lighting and Rendering
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max materials topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax 2018 - arnold how to get multi tiles working?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3482 Views, 6 Replies

3dsmax 2018 - arnold how to get multi tiles working?

hi, im trying to use arnold to render objects that have multiple uv tiles, *like u0,v0, u1,v1 etc, but im not being able to find a good solution for this, and seems like the multitile map is not compatible with arnold. Anyone can shed some light on this, on how i can have different textures for the different uv tiles?

and the second issue i have, is when i have a arnold light, my whole viewport turns to white. ( i thought it was the camera exposure, but no).

please help/

thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ACCCC
in reply to: Anonymous

Unlike Maya MAXtoA has no dedicated UDIM token, nevertheless arnold supports udim mapping in max through the multi tile node, and apperantly through the arnold image node check the link for more infos, even though i havent tried that yet

here is a simple material setup using the multi tile node

udim.png

Be sure to name your texturefiles accordingly

f.e.

diffuse_1001

diffuse_1002

diffuse_1011

Picture for the udim file pattern taken from here

https://area.autodesk.com/tutorials/displacement-mapping-using-the-udim-token/

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ACCCC

thats max 2017 right? Im on 2018 which has arnold native, but i cant see that node.

Message 4 of 7
ACCCC

Nope i'm using max 2018 and MAXtoA 1.2.9.17 Do you have support for 3ds max legacy nodes active?

Youll have to make sure you enable legacy maps inside the system tab in the render settings so that arnold can actually use them

legacy.png

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks. I see the multi tile node now, but i wasnt able to get it to work yet.

i named my files COLOR_1001.jpg  and  COLOR_1002.jpg , but still cant see my second texture being applied to it/

Message 6 of 7
ACCCC

Make sure u set the multi tile node to udim, then try loading the texture using the 3ds max interface and not by manually creating a bitmap node and connecting it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ACCCC

thank you! it worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report